The issue is not whether the game is late or not!

Ralphus

Reaction score
I see people making statements in all these threads, the people upset about the delay are just upset about the fact it's not out when they wanted it to be. The people bickering with them always ask whether they'd like a finished game or not, and that they're happy the game will be more polished.

The reason everyone should be upset, regardless of your side on the issue is that VALVE WAITED UNTIL ONE WEEK BEFORE THE ANTICIPATED RELEASE DATE TO TELL US. I am not angry it's delayed, hey it happens, but the time they decided to reveal it is where myself and all of you should have some beef.

I'd just like to take this time and give VALVe a hearty FU!

They didn't even tell US, they told somebody else through an email and that was it...

Maybe they thought they could hit the date, but realised that they couldn't a few days ago.

Well, VALVe could explain the reason for the delay, but why would I expect that from a company that WAITED UNTIL ONE WEEK BEFORE THE ANTICIPATED RELEASE DATE TO TELL US!

Originally posted by Ford the Word
They didn't even tell US, they told somebody else through an email and that was it...

Erm, you expected Valve to e-mail EVERYONE in the world?

Originally posted by Feath
Maybe they thought they could hit the date, but realised that they couldn't a few days ago.

Bullshit, then why is delayed for months? They knew before, even Fagmaster knew!

Who? Why? Does any of this really matter, at this point? Half-Life 2 is delayed, please give us time to grieve, before trying to expose details of why.

It's like telling a Mother her daughter was hit by a train, and then explaining to her exactly how it happened.

Originally posted by Ralphus
Bullshit, then why is delayed for months? They knew before, even Fagmaster knew!

Just because Fragmaster was right about the delay doesn't make him right about anything else.

Ever heard of a web PAGE, it's this cool thing where you could put up info and everybody could see it, or at least that's what I've heard... :eek:

Valve don't have one. As a result they sent the e-mail out to a few news sites.

It's not a news site. It's their website but they hardly even mention Half-Life 2.

It's not a site that's meant to give news about Valve. They prefer Fan sites to do that.

Originally posted by spitcodfry
If you can call that a website

EXACTLY! when was the last time it was updated? like a year or two ago?
that is rediculous.

Originally posted by InsaneFool
EXACTLY! when was the last time it was updated? like a year or two ago?
that is rediculous.

They don't even have Half-Life 2 listed under their 'Projects' section! They've got Team Fortress 2 and Steam, but no Half-Life 2!

It's interesting that Team Fortress 2 is mentioned on their "web site", but not Half-Life 2. Hey! Maybe it's not Valve that makes it??? :eek:

(DAMN, a second late with that reply)

TF2 is mentioned on their website because it was initially set to be released in April of 1999, and they had been developing years prior to that... It's quite amusing, actually. :)

Originally posted by rec
TF2 is mentioned on their website because it was initially set to be released in April of 1999, and they had been developing years prior to that... It's quite amusing, actually. :)

LOL very amusing

Originally posted by rec

Let's just hope they don't do that again... Sometime in 2007 people will rant about when Valve originally said they would release Half-Life 2. :D

guess what, hl2 is delayed and i am sad, but at least sept will go faster now, and at least the game will be all it is supposed to be.

as for valve telling us now, perhaps they had hoped they could get it out, but recently realized they couldnt, who knows though. man stupid fragmaster...

Originally posted by Cheetarah654
guess what, hl2 is delayed and i am sad, but at least sept will go faster now, and at least the game will be all it is supposed to be.

as for valve telling us now, perhaps they had hoped they could get it out, but recently realized they couldnt, who knows though. man stupid fragmaster...

To use an insane analogy.

I could say that George Bush is going to win the next Presidential Election because he has a goat that can control people's minds. Now, even if he does win, that doesn't prove that he had a mind controlling goat. I would be right about him winning but there's a chance that would've happened anyway, without any mind controlling goat.

Fragmaster and the delay is the same thing. The game has been delayed but that doesn't prove that Valve have known it for months.

Just wanted to thank the author of this thread for stating the obvious:

I am furious at Valve right now. Making us wait until one week before the anticipated release while giving us plenty of hints that it would actually make the release date is UNACCEPTABLE

And this was Valve, not Vivendi, that did this. It's pathetic that they would get everyone so excited and let them down so hard. BAD MARKETING.

I wanna wring Gabe's fat f**king neck right now.

The point is, if the game is delayed months from this day, well then they could have told us a while back!@

FFS stop blaming ANYONE (whether it's Valve, VU, Nvidia, ATi or santa claus) before we get MORE INFO. The email form Lombardi didn't say anything who was to blame, just that the game wouldn't ship on 9/30.
We don't know if Valve could have told us sooner about the delay, prolly not, so stfu ffs!

WAIT FOR MORE INFO

maybe they got delayed when they were going to tell everyone about the delay.

Originally posted by PvtRyan
FFS stop blaming ANYONE (whether it's Valve, VU, Nvidia, ATi or santa claus) before we get MORE INFO. The email form Lombardi didn't say anything who was to blame, just that the game wouldn't ship on 9/30.
We don't know if Valve could have told us sooner about the delay, prolly not, so stfu ffs!

WAIT FOR MORE INFO

Ahahahahahahahahaha!!! Mooooo!!!!

All the half life 2 screenshots and videos were actually drawings and renders.

There is no game.

It was delayed so they could begin working on it.

My theory is that if the game is likely to be delayed by three months (to the holidays), and they don't even seem sure of that, then they have known full well that the game would be delayed for at least a month.
Which means over the last month they have lied a number of times. The only other possibility is that something ridiculous happened, like they were about to make the gold copy and they realised the HL2.exe was written in the wrong coding language :p

Maybe somebody accidentaly erased it from the Zip-Drive where they keep the backup? ;)

Back