The location of City 17

H

HomelessDroid

Me and my friends have gathered to spawn out the location of City 17.
And we concluded either Saint Petersburgh or a city in Austria.
Because the arcitecture are much similar to that of any old Austrian town.

If it is Saint Petersburgh then wheres the snow?
And Austria is Gordon Freemans home country so it makes a little bit sense
why they put it there.:thumbs:

at wich point in any part of half life was gordon revealed as being austrian?

hes american.

You didn't get to know in the game.
Valve said it in the manual.

no way? thats pretty cool, i thought he was dutch or something, dunno why

HomelessDroid said:
You didn't get to know in the game.
Valve said it in the manual.

thats funny cos my manual said

"hl cd key 843985t89 3509358238 5985302dl;g;ldd 390-5i"

and that was about it.

It's in the "goty" editions manual.
And in the original manual.
It's like a enployement letter.

Two points:
City 17 is meant to be Eastern Europe. That place mentioned above is Eastern Asia. Slight difference.

Re Freeman's nationality, I rather assumed that he was American, and that he only studied or worked at the university in Austria. I don't know many Austrians, but I don't think Gordon or Freeman are traditional Austrian names....

thomashiles said:
Two points:
City 17 is meant to be Eastern Europe. That place mentioned above is Eastern Asia. Slight difference.

Re Freeman's nationality, I rather assumed that he was American, and that he only studied or worked at the university in Austria. I don't know many Austrians, but I don't think Gordon or Freeman are traditional Austrian names....

Valve confirmed the architecture and "style" of the city was from Eastern Europe. Nothing else

Uh, ok. So in that case perhaps it could be in the Sahara, or maybe on the Moon, but with the architecture and "style" of Eastern Europe? Why would there be a city on the Asian coast of Russia explicity in the specific style of cities thousands of miles away? Give me a break...

thomashiles said:
Uh, ok. So in that case perhaps it could be in the Sahara, or maybe on the Moon, but with the architecture and "style" of Eastern Europe? Why would there be a city on the Asian coast of Russia explicity in the specific style of cities thousands of miles away? Give me a break...

Everything fits.

It's a military research city with a dock that diassembles subs (coastline - pieced apart subs on shore) and it's made in way that you can contain ppl in - controlled Combine Invasion. There was a thread aroun here that proved it clearly with lost mroe factors, but I dunno where it is now.

OK I will take your word for it that you've thought this through and have got lots of evidence, but I have to take issue with "everything fits" - everything fits apart for there being any reason for the style of architecture in that place.

HomelessDroid said:
Me and my friends have gathered to spawn out the location of City 17.
And we concluded either Saint Petersburgh or a city in Austria.
Because the arcitecture are much similar to that of any old Austrian town.

If it is Saint Petersburgh then wheres the snow?
And Austria is Gordon Freemans home country so it makes a little bit sense
why they put it there.:thumbs:

Please look at this thread for C17's location. It is a theory that has been proven with very hard evidence by myself and another fellow around here named Sulkdods.

Moto-x_Pat said:
Please look at this thread for C17's location. It is a theory that has been proven with very hard evidence by myself and another fellow around here named Sulkdods.

Okay, this is the thread I was talking about. I'm booking it now!
Thx man.

There was an article a while back. One of the artists on the project was actually from Romania, and so did most of the architecture work for the game.

But then again, I've visited most of Western/Central Europe, and have to admit, most achitecture (except houses which look different in each country) are very similar.

You'll find the best clues at the moment are:
The Trams (Saw similar ones at northern Italy)
The Coastline E3 vid- The Northern Petrol storage buildings (Someone pointed this out)
Many others that I missed

The reason Valve is calling it fictional is the fact it might be based on an actual city, but it is the future version of that city.

Back