The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't kill the metal.

The metal will live on.

Punk rock tried to kill the metal.

They failed, as they were smite down to the ground!

(In my head. Aaaaaaaaaaaaall ****ing day and yesterday.)

New Wave tried to kill the metal.

They failed, as they were stricken down to the ground!

Radiohead - Creep (and the album its from. Screw the pirates I stole the CD from).

"Goodbye Rute" by The Tuss

For all RDJ fans: I believe this is the new alias that he is recording under, in the same vein as Polygon Window, DJ Smojphace, Gak, etc... No official confirmation, but the indications are undeniable. The alias is new, it's published by Chrysalis, there's the use of very rare and expensive analogue synthesizers, and supposedly "The Tuss" is Cornish slang for erection. Aside from that, there's also the inimitable sound of the music, drawing heavy similarities to the Analord series, Analogue Bubblebath, I Care Because You Do, and all other material in between. Late 80's up to mid-90's. Warm, colorful sounds in abundance and in unique sequencing, with distinctly Aphex hi-hat/handclap/perc arrangements.

It's sexcellent. And I'll be damned if it isn't Richard. But if it actually is the product of some newly acquired french duder, then kudos to him.

ADDED: "The Tuss" MySpace page. None of these appear on the the two albums that have been released under the pseudonym. Reminds me a lot of Melodies From Mars.

ADDED2: Listening to more of the tracks, it's like the logical progression to the Analord series. Still has a heavy analogue vibe, but almost everything is more complex, driving, refined, and comprehensive. "Death Fuck" sounds like it's channeling some evil form of DnB.

"Goodbye Rute" by The Tuss

For all RDJ fans: I believe this is the new alias that he is recording under, in the same vein as Polygon Window, DJ Smojphace, Gak, etc... No official confirmation, but the indications are undeniable. The alias is new, it's published by Chrysalis, there's the use of very rare and expensive analogue synthesizers, and supposedly "The Tuss" is Cornish slang for erection. Aside from that, there's also the inimitable sound of the music, drawing heavy similarities to the Analord series, Analogue Bubblebath, I Care Because You Do, and all other material in between. Late 80's up to mid-90's. Warm, colorful sounds in abundance and in unique sequencing, with distinctly Aphex hi-hat/handclap/perc arrangements.

It's sexcellent. And I'll be damned if it isn't Richard. But if it actually is the product of some newly acquired french duder, then kudos to him.

ADDED: "The Tuss" MySpace page. None of these appear on the the two albums that have been released under the pseudonym. Reminds me a lot of Melodies From Mars.

ADDED2: Listening to more of the tracks, it's like the logical progression to the Analord series. Still has a heavy analogue vibe, but almost everything is more complex, driving, refined, and comprehensive. "Death Fuck" sounds like it's channeling some evil form of DnB.

Man, it's completly skipped my mind to keep on the lookout for this The Tuss nonsense, since I saw the speculation on Wiki anyway. One internet point for you, sir.

The Tuss - Porthcockno

edit: holyshitwasptinkleownssomuch.

The Tuss - Last Rushup 10

Found the album, and feth is it awesome. I was never that into the Analord/Analogue Bubblebath stuff, and I can hear the similar sounds, but I'm much more enjoying this.

"Death Fuck" by The Tuss

It's a beast. Like the sequel to "Fenix Funk 5" on Analord 10.

Also, if this is RDJ, I have to say that his piano skills have picked up considerably since drukqs. <3

Yeah, that melody towards the middle-end of Death **** is simply beautiful.

The Tuss - Synthacon 9

Second listen through and I'm ready to say it's in my top 10 albums of 2007.

Do you have the Confederate Trough EP, Anti? It precedes Rushup Edge, only has three tracks. Two sound like standard Analord fare, but it's worth picking up for "Alspacka". Really lush, club-driven track.

No, I couldn't find it. I saw it on Wiki but I didn't put much effort into looking for it.

The Tuss - Last Rushup 10

"Shiz Ko E" by The Tuss

Some freakin' timewarp back to funky 70's synth music.

stealing society-system of a down.

it finished as I was posting that, now it is

all along the watchtower-bob dylan.

talk about varied taste...

Poe - Control

I haven't listened to this song in ages. Forgot how addictive it is.

I find The Tuss stuff on Myspace to be very lackluster. :\

Upon further investigation, it appears there have been a lot of fake Tuss pages and MP3s propped up. I don't know if it's a case of rabid fans or if Rephlex has a hand in it, but I'd say that anything not listed on the official tracklistings is to be treated with a skeptical eye.

I will fix you if you are in need of repairing.

So I just heard today Aphex Twin is playing Manchester the day after my 18th birthday.

****ing win.

Aphex Twin - Polynomial-C

*hugs* I'm with you.

You, me, and Ennui need to pool cash together so we can fly to Europe when he plays. To make it completely worth the money, I believe it is necessary to take home a keepsake.

A jar of his semen should suffice.

A Higher Place by Royksopp.

I don't know why I don't listen to this more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back