The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
God is an Astronaut - All is Violent, All is Bright (the whole album, I can't sleep and it's the only thing that works for me.)

"And It Rained All Night" by Thom Yorke

Wow. Only by listening to this now have I realized just how much he loves his IDM.

Ennui, before I forget, listen to the songs The Internal Locust and See You On the Other Side by BT. I think you'll like them.

goddamit I love ennuis music, so many awesome songs. got to pm you one day and ask for a list lol. btw, youve probably heard of Air and Zero 7 correct, give them a listen

Zero 7 - Give it Away (awesome relaxing music)

goddamit I love ennuis music, so many awesome songs. got to pm you one day and ask for a list lol. btw, youve probably heard of Air and Zero 7 correct, give them a listen

Zero 7 - Give it Away (awesome relaxing music)

Heh thanks :) Both of those artists I've listened to a little but haven't gotten completely into yet - but the Zero 7 song "In the Waiting Line" from the Garden State soundtrack is excellent.

Radiohead - Like Spinning Plates
This is the one from the I Might Be Wrong Live Package. Beautiful...

"Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors" by Radiohead

I'm almost ashamed to say it, but I never really listened to Radiohead while stoned before. But now that I have, I'm detecting wholly new auditory sensations. I have to listen to everything! And I'm loving The Eraser.

TV on the Radio - New Health Rock

Absinthe, I'm appalled! Listening to Radiohead under various influences is half the reason I love them so much - there's a ton of depth that's not as apparent if you're sober. I actually listened to the entire album Amnesiac on a mushroom trip and was blown away (although The Amazing Sounds of Orgy was unpleasant as I was tripping too hard to cross the room and change the song and it was doing very unsettling things to my state of mind).

Ennui, before I forget, listen to the songs The Internal Locust and See You On the Other Side by BT. I think you'll like them.

Alright, I will. I've been meaning to get more BT, I like the Monster soundtrack.

Check out Pole and Biosphere, too, they're both pretty good obscure ambient/experimental stuff.

"Chronic Tonic" by Amon Tobin

Def. the best on Out From Out Where.

I dunno. I'm kinda partial to "El Wraith". Like a circus. A very... evil... and dark circus.

D:

AFX - Pwsteal.Idpinch.d

Serious amounts of win.

Boards of Canada - Everything You Do is a Balloon

Absinthe, that's such a cool little track. It reminds me of some of the early Starcraft cinematics.

Um... An unknown remix of 'Everything In Its Right Place' by Radiohead. Before that, CD Tai (Part 2) of DJ Shadow's 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Beats?' mix.

I need to get me some Boards of Canada.

Currently, DJ Shadow's Essential Mix on BBC Radio One.

"A Moment Of Clarity" by Boards of Canada

Which is what I deeply need right now... horrible, self-pity fest going on right now and I'm waiting for it to pass. Campfire Headphase is helping I think. Maybe I need something upbeat, not relaxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back