The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only electronica.

Apparat - Interrupt

technically, it can all be sub-categorized as trance, electronica, psychedelic, hardstyle, euro dance, club, dance, etc...
but I generally refer to it as techno

Kids With Guns (Jamie T's Turns To Monsters Mix) - Gorillaz

There is only electronica.

Exactly. Techno is a specific style, which (god help us) might be coming back in soon. Techno is what ignorant people call electronica.

**** me this album is good.

Techno makes people think of club music.

Electronic is different. Pointless conversation anyway.

Sunshine Recorder by BoC

DARE (Soulwax Remix) - Gorillaz

But isn't club music technically called Dance? This song is dance. Straight outta Compton dance.

Eh, you could pick hairs there. I dunno. I generally find that people (non-electronic-listening people, a.k.a. everyday people) mostly think of techno as club music. Saying "electronic" for everything else separates from it, at least in my experiences.

Julie and Candy by BoC

Electronica is a better word IMO.

Apparat - Schallstrom

El Manana (Metronomy Remix) - Gorillaz

Because Electronica sounds like... Something. Electronic is just, like, how it's made?

Saying electronic gets away from the club stuff. Plus, a lot of different, varying music is "electronic" so saying techno leaves the wrong impression. Apparat is electronic, but if I called it techno, people would automattically assume it's some club track with a rolling bassline and four on the floor. And, as Ennui said, it just sounds better.

Telephasic Workshop by BoC

DARE (Junior Sanchez Remix) - Gorillaz

Reminds me of Franz Ferdinand, somehow.

Electronica sounds more intelligible then techno

DJ Tiesto-In the Dark

intelligible is like a verb form of intelligent me supposes

Pendulum-Hold your Colour

Track 07 [Live] by BoC

I so, SO, want to go to one of these.

Intelligible doesn't really mean anything like 'intelligent', it just sounds similar. It's an adjective.

Four Tet - Smile Around The Face

DIrty Harry (Schtung Chinese New Year Remix) - Gorillaz

intelligible is like a verb form of intelligent me supposes

Intelligible means understandable. Like, if you wrote really poorly, I could say you were un-intelligible.

This song has Chinese rapping. Nice.

me wonders why I hear "intelligible conversations" on the T.V. when they mean intelligent then...

The Underdog Project-Summer Jam 2003 [live]

Kids With Guns (Quiet Village Remix) - Gorillaz

When do you hear that?

People - Gorillaz

Debra, yelling at Ray, often mentions not being able to have an intelligible conversation

Either she's stupid, or she's mocking the way he talks.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Intelligible

intelligible

adjective
1. capable of being apprehended or understood [syn: apprehensible]
2. well articulated or enunciated, and loud enough to be heard distinctly; "intelligible pronunciation" [ant: unintelligible]

or

intelligible [inˈtelidʒəbl] adjective

(negative unintelligible) able to be understood
Example: His answer was barely intelligible because he was speaking through a mouthful of food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back