The Mandatory "What are you listening to now?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes because what you listen to is so much better than everything posted :upstare: .....shut up

currently listening to

Buzzcocks - what do I get
And as for those months where I was continously flamed/bashed and called a failure for what I listened to? You didn't have a goddamn thing to say about that, so screw you stern.

My friend was raving about Battles, but I ignored him because his taste in music is usually shit.

Kid For Today by Boards of Canada

Battles is good, they're no giant like BoC or anything though.

Check out the song Atlas, if you like that then get the rest of Mirrored.

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi is Dead

Saw Bauhaus open for NIN a couple years back, they're not really my style but I still like listening to them occasionally. Peter Murphy's voice is so ****ing awesome.

That song reminds me of The Knife and their vocal effects.

That song reminds me of The Knife and their vocal effects.

Their version of Heartbeats by Jose Gonzales is really interesting, very retro-ish spin, which is not like the original at all. The live version is really beautiful though.

Arcturus - My Angel

I must have listened to this 6 times in 48 hours.

This one is awesome as shit too

Arcturus - Demon Painter (live bootleg)

The Crystal Method - The Red Pill

Take the red pill, and I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Formant/Vocoder/Rap

Their version of Heartbeats by Jose Gonzales is really interesting, very retro-ish spin, which is not like the original at all. The live version is really beautiful though.

**** HEARTBEATS WAS ORlGINALLY BY THE KNIFE AND GONZALES COVERED IT, JEEZ.

classic pop goodness ^^^ love that song

(Listens to some funk..)

SupaPhat - Aint It A Shame

Classic shit right here. Turntables+jazzfunk ftw.

So I just spent a little time, a few minutes, going through Cavarly's posts. I couldn't be arsed to go past seven pages. It took four pages to find a post where he wasn't being an ass in some way. Not including music, through all seven of those pages he posted extremely positive reviews (or ratings or whatever based on the thread) for things that people generally thought sucked hard, or did not care about (gave the movie S.W.A.T. 9/10, half the posts were talking about racing games as if they were god's gift to mankind) I mean, if a guy likes racing games, that's fine. Nobody cares.

The thing is, in those seven pages, I found exactly one post bad-mouthing Cavalry's taste in music. Something about shitty club music, which he then replied with, "it relaxes me". This is all generally befor he turned into a troll-hole and started talking shit about everything he thought would get a reaction out of the general community, because apparently we are all personally against Cavalry and what he stands for and wish to see him fail. The only other comment I know of that was against Cavalry's personal tastes specifically, was when he posted that all rock music was shit and he'd rather listen to soldier boy, and then I said he was retarded. And I mean, that's stretching it, to say I was attacking his tastes.

Anyway, what I really want to know, is What The **** Is Wrong With You?

And You of course is Cavalry. Because he seems to be the only one with a problem around here. Nobody else even gives two shits about you or anything you listen to or do (except when you make an ass of yourself publicly on these forums) and I can guarantee you even if every active member of these forums had at some point posted a comment saying that the music you listen to is shit, none of them actually care what you listen to or if you do listen to it, and they'll probably forget they even made the post an hour later.
The only person with a problem is Cavalry, the only one dragging this shit on and on and on is Cavalry, The only one badmouthing and trolling constantly is Cavalry, and I think you need to get the **** over yourself. By morning I would have forgotten I even made this post, except I can imagine he will find shit to say about it and reply to it and remind everybody of why he's such a dick.

Reading seven pages of cavalry's posts and writing this took ten minutes, fifteen minutes tops.

Besides, classifying everything as rock and not rock is extremely ignorant.

Also, what about people and bands that mix "rock" and hip-hop? I bet cavalry's brain would split in two.

Go Jimmy Go- Don't stop everything (dancehall version)

Anal C*nt

- You Were Too Ugly To Rape, So I Just Beat The Shit Out Of You

- Fred Shitbreath

The Mars Volta - Inertiatic ESP

My new favourite band.

Also, what lefty said. :|

**** HEARTBEATS WAS ORlGINALLY BY THE KNIFE AND GONZALES COVERED IT, JEEZ.

hahaha thank you! :LOL:

Someone I know said a similar thing to me recently and I facepalmed, it's probably because everyone knows it from the sony ad :p

That said, the gonzales version is awesome

Currently listening to 'the incredible string band' lol :imu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbUQaQRRI08[/youtube]

The Mars Volta - Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt

I rather liked this album.

you take the veeeeilll-aaaa

What a song, easily my favourite TMV track. De-loused is such a stunning album. Too bad the latest offerings have been nowhere near as energetic or exciting. :( Still good, mind, but eh.

Tides - Resurface

11 minutes trudging sludgy metal with distorted fuzziness you could only cut through with a chainsaw. Yes yes yes.

you take the veeeeilll-aaaa

What a song, easily my favourite TMV track. De-loused is such a stunning album. Too bad the latest offerings have been nowhere near as energetic or exciting. :( Still good, mind, but eh.

I haven't listened to Amputechture or The Bedlam In Goliath yet, since the Amputechture rip is full of skips and pops and Bedlam only just finished downloading. Between De-loused and Frances the Mute, I think Frances is the better album, but I'll have to listen to them more.

The Mars Volta - Aberincula

Lunachicks-

hand on, now it's Dwarves.

Thirty second songs.

Sublime- 40oz to Freedom

hm, there's a cover that pandora plays much more often, and I actually like the cover better. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back