The mods are looking awesome!

dream431ca

Reaction score
I've never seen so much mods for a First person shooter before..they look so awesome. Plus they have the HL2 source engine and physics and graphics in the mods as well...HL2 is going to last well after HL3 with all these mods coming out. Someone should make a mod of Halo 2 and make the Halo 2 fans play it...I would love to see that. :eek:

Half-life 2 isn't out yet so I have a question..how are the people making the mods know what to expect without actually testing them? (because HL2 isn't out)

Aye, there are 1000's of mods in production (i'm part of a mod)........i just hope a lot of people stick with it (80% of mods never reach beta)

short recoil said:
Aye, there are 1000's of mods in production (i'm part of a mod)........i just hope a lot of people stick with it (80% of mods never reach beta)

Is there one site that lists all the mods being developed..I would like to see most of them.

It's going to be great. No publishers get their greedy hands on the creative aspect of these mods. I CAN'T WAIT!!

Um no Valve won't have anything to do with the creative side of the 3rd party mods, UNTIL they sell out.

I wonder how much the sold cs .

Any way, yes, great mods out there, expect some better ones in a couple of weeks ;)

Indeed, there are certainly some truly astonishing mods in development! The real beauty of this is that as consumers we get total value for money from HL2! All thanks to the passion of mod developers and also the priviledge from Valve to allow those developers to pursue those passions!

Good stuff all round!

and dont forget valve gets to keep selling hl2 for 50 bucks 5 years from now

I agree... i'm surprised how good these mods look and HL2 isn't even out yet!

although most of the mods that are going to be start for hl2 will look pretty good visually just because no1 would play it if it didn't look as good as hl2... guess that doesn't necessarily mean they will "make it"

I hope there will be some good mod review sites opening up, I want a place to be able to find great SP mods.

www.moddb.com

Beware of the bad ones. :|

These are the good looking ones I can think of:

Insurgency
Eternal Silence 2
Project Hull Breach
Corporate Anarchy
Reinstatement
Off Limits
Empires
Kingdom Lost
Valandil
Etc...

P.S. Any mod leaders who feel sad cause you aren't listed...that's because you haven't had a "recent" news post, you just don't have enough info, you have bad PR, I forgot your mod which I thought was totally awesome, and/or your mod sucks... :D

Mr-Fusion said:
Um no Valve won't have anything to do with the creative side of the 3rd party mods, UNTIL they sell out.

And by "Selling Out" you mean embracing the opportunity of a lifetime to pursue a career in their dream job, and get paid to do what they love doing? Those bastards....

The Thing said:
www.moddb.com

Beware of the bad ones. :|

These are the good looking ones I can think of:

Insurgency
Eternal Silence 2
Project Hull Breach
Corporate Anarchy
Reinstatement
Off Limits
Empires
Kingdom Lost
Valandil
Etc...

P.S. Any mod leaders who feel sad cause you aren't listed...that's because you haven't had a "recent" news post, you just don't have enough info, you have bad PR, I forgot your mod which I thought was totally awesome, and/or your mod sucks... :D

Or haven't gone public yet ;)

iamaelephant said:
And by "Selling Out" you mean embracing the opportunity of a lifetime to pursue a career in their dream job, and get paid to do what they love doing? Those bastards....

I wonder how much they get payed.

dream431ca said:
I've never seen so much mods for a First person shooter before..they look so awesome. Plus they have the HL2 source engine and physics and graphics in the mods as well...HL2 is going to last well after HL3 with all these mods coming out. Someone should make a mod of Halo 2 and make the Halo 2 fans play it...I would love to see that. :eek:

Half-life 2 isn't out yet so I have a question..how are the people making the mods know what to expect without actually testing them? (because HL2 isn't out)

DID i mention i love FPS?

Compared to HL1 mods (not because of the new engine), these mods look like they have a lot of thought and work in them. I am more excited for mods than ever before.

Why don't you see this kind of modding for games like Doom 3

MetalliMyers said:
Compared to HL1 mods (not because of the new engine), these mods look like they have a lot of thought and work in them. I am more excited for mods than ever before.

Why don't you see this kind of modding for games like Doom 3

Because Half-Life is the mod-king, and HL2 is supposed to better than HL so HL2 = mod-king^2.

As iv said before check out my sig i have 99% of the best mods listed. Some of these mod teams look like pros. Their work is amazing.

To bad we 80 % never makes it to beta. Thus the reason I don't worry ...

iamaelephant said:
lol no-one ever likes the term "selling-out". It always hits a nerve for some reason.

OH well **** it, i'll keep saying it anyway!

Mr-Fusion said:
lol no-one ever likes the term "selling-out". It always hits a nerve for some reason.

OH well **** it, i'll keep saying it anyway!

Damn sell-out.

Back on topic.

Yes, the mods do look amazing, and hopefully will bring about better graphics using the source engine, than HL2 or countercrap: source.

Insurgency, off limits, neoshock and promised land being my favourites, so far.

i just hope that the mod teams get rewarded in some way [ala make something unreal]

rf

By the name of this topic, I bet that some moderator thought it was ment for him ^^

dream431ca said:

Yes, it's quite impressive indeed. But there would be probably even more mods coming out after the release of HL2. Even I am thinking of participating in the modding community somehow.

SidewinderX said:
Yes, some mods do look amazins [/shameless plug]

anyway, there are alot of good things out there... lets hope valve releases the sdk quick-like.

Hell yeah really nice :thumbs:

Valve should release the SDK even in beta stage. Doesn't matter if the first SDK builds have a few bugs, surely these mods teams can't wait to start modding :LOL:

I just hope that the ones that get finished play as well as they look. Gameplay is all that really matters.

Back