The music is so cool

S

SD1

Anyone else notice how the music was just amazing, made certain scenes feel very tense.

I loved the music during the car scene, friggin ace, I hope its all like that :) (that good i mean)

SD

yeah gamemusik owns...if we talking about retromusic like Zelda, Mario, megaman, Guardian Legend...pure ownage..

The music in the demo was amazing , I am sure that it will be even better in the full game. Looking forward to those intense moments when the music goes all silent and you know something is about to happen.

Originally posted by Majestic XII
yeah gamemusik owns...if we talking about retromusic like Zelda, Mario, megaman, Guardian Legend...pure ownage..

You can't forget Final Fantasy!!! The whole Final Fantasy series has great music, expecially Final Fantasy X......

Originally posted by Anthraxxx
You can't forget Final Fantasy!!! The whole Final Fantasy series has great music, expecially Final Fantasy X......

To bad the gameplay was stale and extremely linear and boring. Nice graphics though, for a console game.

Originally posted by Anthraxxx

nah its wasnt that amazing... :)

Hey majestic.. your icon is disturbing.. unless your female..

ye nice music but dunno if im gonna have it on while im playing the single player

it would be nice with really "rocky" music, and i mean in the real action sequences...like in HL when u go up the elvevator to be a attacked by lot's of marines...if u know where i mean ;)

actually I didn't think the music was amazing...actually thought it was annoying..but maybe that was because it was in very poor sound quality.

The music was intense whiche gave the video a tighter experience for me.

the music is great!. very ambient very cool. it really sets the mood off the action

makes me think of that thing they said about "soundscapes"...

the sound designers said something about how the entire sound design of the game was flexible, so abient sounds, music, environmental effects, and volume all work together, dynamically. so, for example, to make an empty house more scary, they can dynamically turn down the music, take the sound of blowing wind and crank it up a notch, make everything a little echo-y, and add a sound of creaking wood. then when you walk back out, the volumes and pitches just change, to reflect what's going on...

that's how i understood it, and if that is how it works, it'll probably just set a whole new standard for gaming.

Today is only gonna get better and better!

yeah game music rocks. especially mario and zelda. but some of the best game music comes from donkey kong. and i mean all of them. there's a lot going on if you just sit and listen to it.

Guys don't kid yourselves. Final Fantasy 7 had the best music ever.;) (I'm a FF7 fanboy, don't expect a video game convo without me bringing it up.)

I always loved the Deus Ex and Unreal Tournament music, it worked very well with both the games - Deus's was slow and stealthy, while UT's was fast paced and noisy. Great stuff.

Planescape: Torment has some great music, especially the Deionarra theme and the credits (which are still on my playlist :).

rofl i remember when some dumb ****ers were saying things like "i dont think there was any music in HL" and "yer there was only a tiny bit of music in HL"
rofl i wet myself :)
the HL music was class tbh....... made things so much more atmospheric and you kinda knew jsut what was coming when the "marine" theme music started ;)

Kam

Originally posted by Spiffae
makes me think of that thing they said about "soundscapes"...

the sound designers said something about how the entire sound design of the game was flexible, so abient sounds, music, environmental effects, and volume all work together, dynamically. so, for example, to make an empty house more scary, they can dynamically turn down the music, take the sound of blowing wind and crank it up a notch, make everything a little echo-y, and add a sound of creaking wood. then when you walk back out, the volumes and pitches just change, to reflect what's going on...

that's how i understood it, and if that is how it works, it'll probably just set a whole new standard for gaming.

well that would be pretty damn easy to do with people who have EAX enabled cards....... they do all that for you if you want. just need the game to command it to i guess.

Kam

Valve did say they had a pretty sophistacated sound system..

Definately agree that the music is cool, soundscapes are pretty new but really add to the experience. Anyone ever play Homeworld (pretty old now, published by Sierra)? That was one of the first to use soundscapes and if HL2 manages to be as effective as that its going to be brilliant. I don't think the E3 video does justice to the music as the microphone wasn't really up to scratch...I say wait till the game, its gonna add a whole new dimension IMO.

- Tommmo

Originally posted by Majestic XII

/me hugs the .NSF plugin for winamp :)

Aaah the clasics, in all thier 8bit synthesized glory :p

Back