The name 'Gordon Freeman', hmmmm

Hmm...Gordon Freeman ~> Sausages.... I can see a link.

Maybe his name should be Tarquin Sausageman.

I read in one of those 'name meaning' books once that gordon means 'hero'

Makes sense, simple enough reason to pick a name i reckon.

If i could name a hero?

Billy Squarkhard

Charles Burstypants

Henry Bobspoffin

Daniel Chesthardy

Hhahaha... "Mornin' mister squarkhard, looks like you're in the barrel today"

"Aaah Daniel Chesthardy, it's good to see you"

Aahhaha... i need to get out more :(

Parallax Normalmappin :E.

Well, it had to get into this thread somehow... it's infiltrated a lot of the others...

take out the "ordon free" n u get g-man

Yes, people have said that before... however, G-Man most likely means "Government Man", and why would the G-Man give Gordon the option of dying at the end of HL if he was in fact Gordon?

Obviously because if he was Freeman, he knows that he would take the other choice anyway!!! :p

If the G-Man turns out to be Freeman, I'll probably vomit all over the keyboard. :x

Yes, but the thing is, you can actually choose the "Fight which cannot be won"...

If Gordon really was the G-Man, VALVe would have pulled some trick to force you into choosing employment...

I know, I wasn't being serious. I meant that if the G-Man is Gordon from the future, he knows that Gordon will take the employment offer because he did as well. But then, you need another G-Man to have offered the G-Man we know a job.

(Assuming that people always take the same choice in time travel, but I'd rather not go in the details of that.)

Taken from behindthename.com

GORDON m Scottish, English
Pronounced: GOR-dun
From a Scottish surname which was originally derived from a place name meaning "great hill". A famous bearer of the surname was Charles George Gordon, a British general who died defending the city of Khartoum in Sudan.

Freeman might just mean "free" "man"

Back