The next E3 trailer.

[daniom]

Reaction score
Yeah i heard that Valve must likely, is going to show up once again at this E3 with more Half-Life 2 stuff. So what do you think or expect to see from their new video. I Think this new one is going to be really awesom!!!

It is most likely that they will show us a little more, only a tiny bit of information, maybe a new weapon and a new enemy or something, and maybe some new enviroments, a cool action sequence, and that's about it, i think.... :thumbs:

There better be some MP footage, more sp footage, more coverage on the editor and more coverage on graphics and compatibility or you can probably expect yet another delay.

I doubt Valve will show any new videos. Why? By the time E3 is been held, HL2 is only about a month from release. There's no point in showing new material when the game is already going gold.

Forget about MP videos , not gonna happen.

I expect some new very cool videos . Valve knows that they have to show new videos at E3 ,no one will settle for less.

Has Valve actually stated that HL2 will be the game they are showing at E3? I thought they only said they're going to make appearence at E3? Maybe they're only showing TF2

OK, here you have some questions bout E3...

why do they name E3, E3? where do it normally take place in the world? and can everybody get a pss to E3, or is it only for game makers??

Seppo said:
Has Valve actually stated that HL2 will be the game they are showing at E3? I thought they only said they're going to make appearence at E3? Maybe they're only showing TF2

hehe or Counter-Strike 2 but actually these games never comes out on the market :dozey:

they should show the changes that are made depending on the video card u have they should set-up about 5-8 comps with different video cards ranging from really good to really bad so u can see the graphical changes. they say those crappy cards will run HL2 but with the lowest settings, well weve only seen vids of the game on the highest settings, so whats the game look like on low settings?

e3 stands for:
Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3)
and u have to be 18 or older to geet in...

[daniom] said:

why do they name E3, E3? where do it normally take place in the world? and can everybody get a pss to E3, or is it only for game makers??
Electronic Entertainment Expo, In Los Angeles, it's only for journo's and game dev's.....rather simple questions :E

E3 = Electronic Entertainment Expo

And no, it's not open to the public.... but if you really want to go, just lie your way in. :p

I'll take back what I said. The reason why I'm so pessimistic about new videos and stuff, because I'm still hoping (just a fool's hope) for the April release. However, if the game isn't out before E3 (held in mid-May), I'm really hoping they're gonna show us some neat little videos at E3. Give us something Valve! We would drink your piss for any piece of information.

wbcheater said:
they should show the changes that are made depending on the video card u have they should set-up about 5-8 comps with different video cards ranging from really good to really bad so u can see the graphical changes. they say those crappy cards will run HL2 but with the lowest settings, well weve only seen vids of the game on the highest settings, so whats the game look like on low settings?
Good statement of you, i really agree....The fact probably is that the lowest settings are reall crappy to look at, and that's why they won't show us that....

Mwhaha, I wanna be a zombie! I'm gonna spam so I'm getting updated to a Zombie! Bwhahah!!

No, really, I wanna get to the zombie lvl.

E3's as said only for journalist and developers.

But it's not hard to sneak in, last year there were only 2 security guards at the big entrance, a friend of mine was in LA and managed to sneak in, he's 17 tho :p

well i would sneak in, if i lived in LA, i wouldnt risk it livin in Washington to fly all the way and get dissapointed...

They'll put out a 15min trailer, that'll be it IMO. Then they'll keep all quiet til release week, when all the reviews come out :p.

I have a feeling Gabe will start the presentation with the words: "So, we're here again"

Seppo said:
Mwhaha, I wanna be a zombie! I'm gonna spam so I'm getting updated to a Zombie! Bwhahah!!

No, really, I wanna get to the zombie lvl.
Er, no. If you wanna spam go to some other forum. It's really annoying :hmph:

:p

Yea but it pisses off everyone reading it. Like me! :O

I think they're gonna hit back hard against the rumor that all AI will be scripted and blabla. I think they'll show some combat tactics and another traptown but this time without scripting.
Last E3 was a graphics display, damage done by enemies was reduced, and AI was toned down, to show graphics without too much interference. This show it'll be gameplay hopefully.

[daniom] said:

Electronic Entertainment Expo = E3

And it IS open to the public but only on either the 2nd or 3rd day.

i know... they should have a playable demo!!! and make fun of the network hack! that'll show teh whining fanboys!

EDIT: wait a minute... if i work at EB and Gamestop or Circuit city... i can go to this?

A playable demo would be awsome, even if it is just one small little portion of a map. I remember the Splinter Cell demo for xbox, I played it sooo many times. I beat it every way possible, including alerting no one of my presense through the whole map and only hurting one person(hit them in the back of the head) who never saw it coming :)

I think they should show the graphical limits of the game. Show the game with a radeon9800 XT and then on the lowest one allowed. I think I heard that they were working on ideas for low textures. Kinda the opposite of a Hi-Def pack.

Originally posted by WBCHEATER

Actually all the bink videos are at mid range settings. The only video with high settings is the tech demo. The others don't have AA or AF on and its easy to tell they aren't the highest settings. But im sure those weren't the lowest settings either.

Hopefully we can see the lower extreme. :thumbs:

Tththatt wouldd bbee coolll.

/me smacking arm vein, in need of another hit of HL2 smack. :LOL:

I'd like to see Alyx eat a foot long hot dog followed by a nice big glass of ice cold milk in a glass thats too big for her mouth.

[daniom] said:
hehe or Counter-Strike 2 but actually these games never comes out on the market :dozey:
actually counter-strike 2 will go out to the market..

bgesley426 said:
I think they should show the graphical limits of the game. Show the game with a radeon9800 XT and then on the lowest one allowed..

Yeah i would like to see what my card (9800XT) if capable of... :cat:

Back