The next James Bond.... is black?!? Wha...?

Oh dear, black Bond. Game Over. It would never work. I remember they talked about Will Smith playing Bond years ago and I just laughed at the thought of that.

Wow I hope they make Anakin black in the last Star Wars movie. :p

George Lazenby made it crap, as did Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan was crap, he just put the final nails into the coffin. A black Bond would be burying the coffin.

Not watched James bond for a long time, there all the same, pretty much anyways.

I could'nt care any less that the next one will be black.

I hav see that actor in a TV serie and he is good making a serious role

cuz like the rest of people hav said it will depends on the way he acts to consider it good or bad

but sure this of black james bond will make people angry

Oh boy, a BMW with spinners and a James Bond that wants "All dat azz"

James Bond is, and always should be white.

racism not intended

Dalamari said:
Oh boy, a BMW with spinners and a James Bond that wants "All dat azz"

James Bond is, and always should be white.

racism not intended

Why do people constantly assume that black people all talk like gangstas? Yeah, I'm sure racism wasn't intended...

Spartan said:
Why do people constantly assume that black people all talk like gangstas? Yeah, I'm sure racism wasn't intended...

my sentiments exactly. honestly i don't know this actor, but a cool, suave, charming MI6 spy doesn't necessarily have to be white. i like Owen, but i don't think he has enough charisma for the role. Personally i think it's a tough decision deciding the next Bond.

Spartan said:
I agree completely... Can everyone keep those sort of comments out of my thread? :)

Anyhow here is a few pics of who i would choose for bond.

Clive owen
http://www.bmwworld.com/pics/lifestyle/8955_1024.jpg

Clive owen in typical bond pose for a UK TV program called Croupier
http://www.universohq.com/cinema/images/co_croupier2.jpg

And to everyone who thinks bond is outdated when compared to the bourne identity then take heart in the fact Clive Owen played the agent tasked with the job to kill Jason Bourne. He's the guy who jason shot in that field with the shotgun... Clive Owen Showed how good of an actor he is in that role playing the cold blooded killer with great style.
http://images.screenselect.co.uk/images/products/screenshots/0/11090-5-large.jpg

they cant have a black Bond its like having a japnese Batman

Spartan said:

Good question, I want to know why all people assume Americans are ethnocentric assholes that love killing and are pro-Bush.

who cares what race he is so long as he does the role justice

There are only 2 actors that i would ever have be the next bond, the guy from The Transporter to be a more hardcore, rough type Bond or Clive Owen as the classic Bond.

I heard awhile ago it would be orlando bloom lol.

This guy seems cool though, and its not like it matters if hes black or not, as long as he has the bond charm hell be a winner :)

CTTcrew_MrBlue said:
I heard awhile ago it would be orlando bloom lol.

This guy seems cool though, and its not like it matters if hes black or not, as long as he has the bond charm hell be a winner :)

Exactly, i would rather that black guy was Bond then Ewan McGregor , Orlando Bloom, etc. But the last few Bonds, all of Brosnan's movies apart from Goldeneye, have all been really bad, so...

would definitely be a major shift, but i think it could work, dunno how they'd explain it though, but, well, that';s their prob

Icarusintel said:
would definitely be a major shift, but i think it could work, dunno how they'd explain it though, but, well, that';s their prob

I presume they would explain it like every other Bond actor, Bond being just a character and the movies just being singular movies, so no sequels, prequels, etc.

im not racist but having a black bond is errrr...awkward to say the least.

Rowan Atkinson for Bond! He did Johnny English, so he's the natural choice.

Oh that would be a smart idea.........................................................
..................................................................................................
.................................................................................................
.................................................................................................
.............................................................................................not

Audiophile said:
Dalamari said:
Good question, I want to know why all people assume Americans are ethnocentric assholes that love killing and are pro-Bush.
Because 51% of us ARE.
Audiophile, you forgot to mention the percentage of Americans that DIDN'T VOTE (me), plus the percentage of people that are pro-Bush but also not ethnocentric, assholes and killers. And no, I don't want to bring up another politics discussion, I just hate being in all these catagories that people put us in, just because we are American.

I think I'm one of the few that thinks that a black James Bond is a good idea... (as long as he is James Bond, British accent and all)

And for God's sake, if Colin Farrell is the next James Bond, I'm gonna have to shoot some motherf*ckers.

Oh, and why isn't Pierce Brosnon doing Bond any more, he was the best thing about the newer Bond movies... I liked Goldeneye... and it was the only redeeming qualty about the last two.

I'm sorry and I'm not trying to be racist, but a black guy just won't work for james bond.

I'd like to see Colin Salmon play Bond just to see what it's like. I mean hey they had a black felix leiter so why not bond?

I think that guy is sauve enough and has enough presence to make it interesting. But I think what's needed is a sea change for the Bond character as a whole. I quite liked Brosnans films as Bond but the whole franchise needs fresh blood.

A few people have mentioned Clive Owen ... maybe ... and Jason Statham to be a more hard bond ..... again maybe ... but I think we need a n actor we don't really see as bond to take away any preconceived notions of what he would be like :eek:

There were so many rumors concerning the next Bond... Eric Bana was said to be it for sure. But he denied. Now it's a black man said to be it... why should it be for sure this time?

Having the kingpin black in daredeil didnt work also imo...

[Matt] said:

Was there anything about the whole movie that did work, it wasn't exactly Spiderman, was it?

But the guy that played King Pin, he did do a good job of portraying the character with what he was given, but King Pin should of been a heck of a lot more menacing and not just big in size.

[Matt] said:
Well, come on, dude! What white actor do you know who could have played Wilson Fisk? Seriously.

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
Well, come on, dude! What white actor do you know who could have played Wilson Fisk? Seriously.

yeah

I didnt watched daredevil movie but IMO that black actor who made kingpin was very good for the role

I think Arnold Schwarzenegger should be James Bond.

Thank god its not you who gets to decide then...

A Black Bond would be along the same lines of sensibilty as a white Blade, or a Pakistani Spiderman. The character is white. Therefore it is reasonable to expect an actor portraying that character to be white as well.

I'd be down with that. Nothing wrong with a black Bond, it's all about the attitude and the personality. Given that Catwoman has always been a white woman, the precedence is already there.

An actor's job is to play the role. Besides, British black people are WAAAAAY different than American black people. There isn't that ridiculous cultural divide, as far as I know. They sound and act the same as any other english guy.

Black characters, despite what the Wayan brothers think, do not have to act "black".

no no, no no-no no, no no-no no, no no there's no li-mit!

is all I have to say

Tinneth said:
I think Arnold Schwarzenegger should be James Bond.
Heh... "My name is BAAAND...James BAAAND. THE BRIDGE IS OUT!"

Back