The Official CS Bot for CS:Source Coming Monday

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A nice surprise has just turned up in my inbox from Doug Lombardi, Director of Marketing at Valve Software, relating to an update we'll be receiving on Monday 17th January:
The official Counter-Strike Bot will be released for Counter-Strike: Source on Monday (January 17th). The Bot features enhanced abilities and will be available for all owners of Counter-Strike: Source. Also included in Monday's release is an updated version de_tides, rebuilt by Turtlerock Studios. For more information or to purchase your copy of Counter-Strike: Source, please visit www.steampowered.com.
This will be great news to fans of CS:Source, especially to those interested in honing their skills.

Anyone who has played Counter-Strike: Condition Zero will know that the bots included in the Tour of Duty mode were pretty good and I for one am looking forward to playing with them on Monday![br]UPDATE: Our forum member, Chucky, has sent us in a screenshot of the new map and you can view it below:[br]

Can't wait :)

Can anyone find screenies of de_tides from CS:CZ to give me an idea of the map?

Might be able to get some, trying to get some of the new version too :)

Cheers Valve! Nice of them to release it just after I go back to uni, where I can't connect to steam for updates or play any internet games, thus bots would be awesome! :p

Oh well, roll on March!

So, what is this exactly? I can play CS with a bunch of AI enemies running around? Do you play with a mix of some humans and some bots? How's it work, for the uninitiated?

notmydesk said:
So, what is this exactly? I can play CS with a bunch of AI enemies running around? Do you play with a mix of some humans and some bots? How's it work, for the uninitiated?

It means you can play CS:S without having to go online. It also means server administrators can add AI bot players to servers to make up numbers.

...just to add. We need pics of de_tides... I forgot what it looks like...

Here you are :)
Bare in mind this is the OLD de_tides_cz, and not the new one ;)

I'm waiting to see if Cliffe or Doug would mind us having some shots.

Ah, thanks. Great news! I tend to avoid CS because of all the annoying chat messages, so this'll be fun.

Chris only the first picture works.

That map actually looks like it could look really good on CS:S... Not sure how much it will be played and all, but hey looks like it could definetely be Source-ified :D

*edit* Murrah just ask someone to send you updated GCF and Platform files, and then you could pwn with bots :)

....now i remember that map.
.....now i remember why i dont play CZ either.

i ve seen this map before,

looks awsome on source

Gorgon said:
i ve seen this map before,

looks awsome on source

There aren't any screenshots of it on Source....

Chris_D said:
You haven't seen it on Source yet.
If it's anywhere close as pretty as Prodigy, I'm going to have an orgasm. I still can't help but shoot the swinging lights every single round :D

de_tides is probably my least favourite map, maybe they can jazz it up a bit but it's still good news about bots

Chris_D said:

Here you are :)
Bare in mind this is the OLD de_tides_cz, and not the new one ;)

I'm waiting to see if Cliffe or Doug would mind us having some shots.
I was about to say that looks really crappy

Yaaaayyy

wow now i can play for more than five minutes, as my router seems to dislike me playing online with any steam games...

Yay for bots, Yay for Valve, Yay for CS:S

:stare: :stare: :stare:

This made my week... Which is really kinda sad when you think about it..

I will be treating this as a brand new map, because I never played CZ.

At least I won't be dissapointed cos I compared it to the original -unlike the rest of you :p

Same goes for the bots ;)

Well, will be a good update, but I'm still waiting for the one promised for last december.

sKuNx you had it already rofl... It was the one that came with like Prodigy and all.........

It just didn't have the finished player models unfortunately (really to me that isn't a big deal....)

Anyways I thought the map was pretty fun if I remember it right, to me at least, just cause it's not main-stream doesn't mean it isn't fun...

Oh and I'll say again this map will look really beautiful if valve keeps their usual standards high :D

Bots are said to be more advanced according to the email, so I can't wait for that :) My favorite thing was the navmesh building, god was that awesome :D I wish every engine had that for their bots (cough cough ut2k4 :p well let's hope UE3 will include something similar, maybe with the ability to tweak them after they are created due to the fact that some things in the unreal series change your movement, like jump pads if you touch them even a little bit)

Anyways can't wait :)

[Matt] said:
....now i remember that map.
.....now i remember why i dont play CZ either.
That map stopped me playing through the campaigns... i couldnt learn it as i got owned pretty quick and there was no overview... and with a new map, you need an overview.
Still, sorta screws CZ owners with the bots now being free. Nevermind, i hope they add bots to HL2DM, if they can :)

p.s. What's 'NavMesh Building'?

Here's a pic of the source version of tides:

tides1.jpg

Wow, I was skeptical what they could do with it when I saw the CZ shots..... now i've seen it sourced.. well at least this map will *look* good if nothing else :p

/here's to hoping it plays as good as it looks :cheers:

nice update :) .... we still have that brand new map they promised, and the new player models to look forward to - but I like suprises like this map and the bots :D .... hehe, the best suprise was Deathmatch though :p

(or was it when we saw that crowbar.... with a shadow.... that made it look like a 2 :eek: ;))

Seen it sourced?

Have you seen the screenys then?

Attachments

• newctmodel.jpg
    newctmodel.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 457
Back