The Official CS Bot for CS:Source Coming Monday

Hmm....there appears to be a new hostage map being playtested. :D

The Thing said:
Hmm....there appears to be a new hostage map being playtested. :D
Yup. For those of you who havent restarted steam yet, here's the update message I just got:

We have one more significant release planned for the month of January, which will be focused on Counter-Strike: Source. First, we're going to release the Counter-Strike: Source version of the CS Bot. This will be an improved version of the Condition Zero bot, and will be available for all owners of Counter-Strike: Source. Right now we're planning this for sometime early the week of the 17th. Also included is a remade version of the Condition Zero map, de_tides, rebuilt by Turtlerock Studios. Going into February, there will be a release of a new Counter-Strike: Source map by Valve level designer Dave Riller. It's a smaller hostage rescue map with the focus on close quarters fighting. This map is still being play tested, and we're looking forward to seeing what the community thinks of it. There are a number of other things we're working on at Valve right now that we aren't quite ready to talk about, but our resolution for the new year is to keep the community more informed about what's ahead. To that end, there will be a weekly Steam message (like this one) to give people and idea of what we're working on.
WOOT!

looks good, i also find that valve will be keeping us updated every week very nice ! :)

Woot this is good news! Now they just have to Sourcify the rest of CZ. And quickly. :thumbs:

Will this new CS Bot improve the behaviour of the hostages as well? CZ-hossies rule supreme atm you see :)

I hope they also release some updates to with the bots and the new map. I really want my 5.1 sound to work properly(yes I did enable it in the steam audio menu).

This looks beautiful and i can't wait for the patch! Nice!

i find it quite funny always with Steam that you have to go online to play with Bots ;) But there are more reasons why to play with them, for instance, if written well, they should not cheat ;)

are there going to be bots for halflife2 multiplayer too?
i want a bot that throws explosive barrels at me with the gravity gun :p

What kind of bots are these? just the source code??? or an actual smart intelligent (cs:cz bots IMO the best bots I've ever played against / with ) bot.

hmmm...

Anyone know !?

poofy

poofyfinger said:
What kind of bots are these? just the source code??? or an actual smart intelligent (cs:cz bots IMO the best bots I've ever played against / with ) bot.

hmmm...

Anyone know !?

poofy

The CS:S bots use the same core as the CS:CZ ones.

How about realeasing a sensible update like a fix for the player models and a decent Cheat system so at least the game is enjoyable online than some sodding bots.

@licomb said:
How about realeasing a sensible update like a fix for the player models and a decent Cheat system so at least the game is enjoyable online than some sodding bots.

Do you mean anti-cheat system ?

Thats probably why they're adding bots so whiners like you can play offline until VAC is implented. :)

Just from that one screenshot I can tell this map'll be my favorite. The festive european area integrated in that screenshot is someplace that'd make killing people more enjoyable.

fizzlephox said:
Just from that one screenshot I can tell this map'll be my favorite. The festive european area integrated in that screenshot is someplace that'd make killing people more enjoyable.

that market place reminds me a certain level in Thief 2, where you have to follow a guy delivering a letter... the flags and the lightning are really alike.

I'm downloading a CS:S update right now, so I assume it's the bot... and whatever map that they said was coming with it.

Back