The only reason you need to buy HL2

thats doug lombardi at e3 giving all the reasons why you should buy HL2.
it IS doug Lombardi.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...mages?q=Doug+Lombardi&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=G
1022381946.jpg

:LOL:
speechlessness...yup that explains all that needs to be said (or un-said) about the happenings of the past year..

waste of my hard drive space lol. ^thats definitely him tho

not very funny

enough said... everyone already knows about and is going to buy the game. he doesnt need to say anything. :E

That's class. Ha. I really want to meet him in real life.

i'm noot Drunk!

interesting...this isn't exactly why I'M buying it, but I guess with some people it is. Same with Halo 2. I know some people that know nothing about it, but they're buying it because they liked the original.

MaDMaXX said:
taken out of context tbh
No, in the main video they go around lots of other developers asking why people should buy the game, as well as asking all the booth babes questions about computergame acronyms ect,

its quite old, I am suprised this hasnt been discused, or seen by many ppl.

MaDMaXX said:
taken out of context tbh

I don't think it's out of context. I'd have answered the question of "Why should you buy Half-Life 2?" the exact same way. If anyone thinks that Doug is arrogant or whatnot then they should look at why they are waiting for Half-Life 2.

Doug gets a lot of stick for not reason. I think he's class.

I'm still not drunk. (honost).

Hehe, that was kind of funny.

But arrogant still.

Feath said:
I don't think it's out of context. I'd have answered the question of "Why should you buy Half-Life 2?" the exact same way. If anyone thinks that Doug is arrogant or whatnot then they should look at why they are waiting for Half-Life 2.

Doug gets a lot of stick for not reason. I think he's class.

I'm still not drunk. (honost).

agreed, it was a joke...
he isn't being arrogant at all, it was funny as hell... mostly because it's the truth.
anyway, yeah it is old, and as I said it is taken from the e32k4 ODB video (the segment called "why should you buy my game", where developers are given 20 seconds to tell listeners/watchers why they should purchase their game), some guys pleaded, others noted cool features.. and I thought it was hilarious that Doug merely said "it's Half-Life2" and then waited out the rest of the time.. he just looked damn funny... I dunno maybe things are a little too serious around here.

All the silliness aside, this is very sad. He is the main PR dude, and when some E3 reporter sticks a cam in his face he can't think of ANYTHING to promote the game (i.e. do his friggin' job)!

Trebaruna said:
All the silliness aside, this is very sad. He is the main PR dude, and when some E3 reporter sticks a cam in his face he can't think of ANYTHING to promote the game (i.e. do his friggin' job)!

it was intentional, he was trying to be funny...

Dude, was that like from a live thing? The camera guy was probably like, comon, say more, say more!!

Then they finally cut to that other screen rofl.

Doug has always reminded me of Keannu Reeves (Sp?)
Heh.

Was thinking he'd make a perfect used car salesman.

Customer: So tell me why I should buy a car from your lot other than the other place across the street?

DL: Because my cars are better.

Customer: ummmm?

DL: *pause and dumb stare*

Customer: Hey I'm sold! Where do I sign?

;)

I was going to say the same thing as he did..

Buy Half-Life 2 because it is Half-Life 2.

He is allowing the viwer to think about the implications of it being Half-Life 2 in their own head without repeating all the facts that most FPS gamers probably know.

Mebbe.

This thread proves some people have no sense of humour, certainly not when concerning doug.

It's called being funny. Doug gave it a shot. Whether he succeeded or not isn't important, but he wasn't staring dumbly into the cam not knowing what to say or any of that crap.

a bit arrogant..he needs to be slapped with a large foam hand.

Heh, that made me laugh. Some people just don't know good comedy...now I'm gonna go watch Kung Pow...

DarkSonic said:
Heh, that made me laugh. Some people just don't know good comedy...now I'm gonna go watch Kung Pow...
well said, people here just don't get it.

Im regretting posting this.

O LOOK PEOPLE! A REASON TO BASH DOUG! QUICK LETS TAKE IT! OMGWTF HAX 1!!11!~1

Get a sense of humour, and quick.

It was taken from a feature that gave various developers the oppurtunity to promote their game by any means in 20 seconds. Some begged and started about starving children (Rome: TW and another game I forgot) also very funny and Doug's response was just class. :D

But no wait, lets act like he raped your dog! OMG!
Come on people where are all the 'when I was little, Doug used to touch me' reactions? I mean, he's the man who destroyed your childhood right?

Lol pretty funny. I agree people need to lay of doug lombardi, he was joking about, sheesh...at least see the funny side to it. Alot of people _will_ buy half life 2 because it is indeed "half-life-2".

PvtRyan said:
Come on people where are all the 'when I was little, Doug used to touch me' reactions? I mean, he's the man who destroyed your childhood right?

fantastic :cheers:

Back