The only reason you need to buy HL2

man that is so funny! lol

after he has said it...

it looks like he does the G-MAN animation movie clip we was last year LOL

BRODIEMAN2k4 said:
What does he say, it wont DL for me
"Hi Im doug Lombardi of Valve software, and the reason you need to buy my game Half-life2 is.................... it's Half-life2!." then he proceeds to looks so damn funny, smirk, look around etc, then he says "yeah, thats it."

funny as hell

Not so much arrogant as ego-boosted. I mean it was E3, there must have been hundreds if not thousands of people coming up to the whole Valve team to stroke their egos.

No wonder he felt that he didn't need to say anything more.

omni said:
Not so much arrogant as ego-boosted. I mean it was E3, there must have been hundreds if not thousands of people coming up to the whole Valve team to stroke their egos.

No wonder he felt that he didn't need to say anything more.
also a lot of people fail to notice...

IT WAS PURPOSELY ARROGANT.
it was meant to be a joke... look at how he acts... nothing to do with ego or arrogance.
it was a joke, good ol Doug was kidding around :(

Feath said:
I don't think it's out of context. I'd have answered the question of "Why should you buy Half-Life 2?" the exact same way. If anyone thinks that Doug is arrogant or whatnot then they should look at why they are waiting for Half-Life 2.

Doug gets a lot of stick for not reason. I think he's class.

I'm still not drunk. (honost).

The question they ask people is 'why should we buy YOUR game'. So...self centered maybe, but in that respect no.

I thought it was a little stupid at first but then it gets funnier the next few times :)
I think maybe he couldn't spill any new information and the old stuff is boring so he just made a joke. It's funny though because he actually said that to the cameras, people were expecting some mind-boggling respones. Well they got one.. lol
Nice Doug, you strange little man.

cadaveca said:
you don't need to buy it! you're already playing it!
Oh my god! It seems so real!!
I thought the plot would be a bit better tho.

About the Doug vid: Yah stupid flamers, we all love HL2, we're all hyped, so really, that was just about the only good single, all encompasing answer. Quitcherbitchin.

He was obviously being jokingly arrogant... But in any case, it's not that funny.

iamaelephant said:
Doug Lombardi is a dork. How is that the least bit funny?
Put yourself in the position.
He must have had some serious courage to do something so daring. He was being broadcasted live, and he blew 20 seconds away with nothing. THAT'S funny.
He didn't show any kind of nervousness or anything.

I found it funnier the more I watched it.

Back