The only thing I couldn't take with half-life 2...

Reaction score
Overall this is probably the funniest single player game I ever played, lots of action and I remember playing about 9 straight hours untill I went to bed, and then I got up and finished it next morning.

Now anyways the thing I can't take about it is they destroyed the classical crowbar in the end of the game! You see how you drop all your weapons in the citadel, they float around and gets destroyed. That made me think back to the scene you first get it back from Barney "Hey, I think you dropped this back in black mesa" it just makes me very very sad. Like losing a friend...

Hey you're right i never thought about that.

Those bastards :(

RIP crowbar.

Wolfy Snackrib said:
Overall this is probably the funniest single player game I ever played, lots of action and I remember playing about 9 straight hours untill I went to bed, and then I got up and finished it next morning.

Now anyways the thing I can't take about it is they destroyed the classical crowbar in the end of the game! You see how you drop all your weapons in the citadel, they float around and gets destroyed. That made me think back to the scene you first get it back from Barney "Hey, I think you dropped this back in black mesa" it just makes me very very sad. Like losing a friend...
In HL1 the marines took the crowbar and you find a probably different one. And it wasn't destroyed, it was confiscated.

ríomhaire said:
In HL1 the marines took the crowbar and you find a probably different one. And it wasn't destroyed, it was confiscated.
It's evaporated.

Freeman will doubtless find another crowbar in Aftermath... and Lost Coast for that matter. There's already another thread on crowbars, but it seems likely that there have been a total of 3 different crowbars in Gordon's pocession in the series so far.

Edit:
AJ Rimmer said:
It's evaporated.
Doubtless Gordon could ask for the atoms back so that Kliener could reconstruct the sacred crowbar. If he wasn't busy with trying to bring back Shephard by cloning him from the remenants of the nasal hair he dropped on the Black Op's package... which the G-Man doubtless found and provided along with Freeman's HEV suit and a DIY flaming barrel distribution kit.

That's because the device on the wall removes weapons from you, hence confiscation. However, you can clearly see the weapons blackening and disintegrating, as an object does when hit by a pulse-rifle orb, or thrown into a Combine orb-conduit(or whatever they're called).

Yes. A confiscation error.
That only happened when it was confiscating the GG, after the crowbar.

That's because the device on the wall removes weapons from you, hence confiscation. However, you can clearly see the weapons blackening and disintegrating, as an object does when hit by a pulse-rifle orb, or thrown into a Combine orb-conduit(or whatever they're called).
Maybe you're right. They're called power cores BTW.

Exactly. First they are confiscated, then they get evaporated using the same effect as the combine's balls.

Yes I used that term intentionally. Don't point it out to me. Please. It sickens me.

ríomhaire said:
If you listen the Overwatch lady say there was a confiscation error.
Yaaaarr, but it be gone.

It wasn't the original crowbar anyway, scurvies. Me laddie crowbar was taken by scurvy Marines in HL, mateys.

problem was in BM the crowbar was vital
in hl2 i rarely used sfter the first time i got it

I used it everywhere there were headcrabs/zombies.

It was indeed pretty useless against the shooting-type guys, but then again, it always was.

Mechagodzilla said:
It was indeed pretty useless against the shooting-type guys, but then again, it always was.
Actually, it was mega-effective against the Metrocops, and there's been many a time i've administered the smack-down on a Combine Soldier after loosing all my ammo. The Crowbar is insanely effective in HL2:DM as well, if you're a good sprinter who can dodge powerful but slow enemy fire.

hmm...i wonder if at the end of the HL series, Valve will have some special scene/credits with all the crowbars ever used... that would be kinda neat me thinks :D

I hope we get a crowbar gun with a chain attached to it, for retrieval. Like that thingy in painkiller

Back