The Opera is recruiting!

A

Aneurexorcyst

The Opera is currently looking for various team members to help out in the field of game content creation primarily in the field of level design.

For more information on the modification check... http://opera.redeemedsoft.com/

For more information on the positions check below...

We require talented level designers to work through our planned real world(esque) locations (generally asian environments) using any tools you have at your disposal, and expoliting what talent we already have (textures, models, etc). Good experience in Hammer is required with any other experiences acting as a bonus.

We also require real world modellers to bring to life environments with real world objects, such as chairs, tables, coat hangers, lanterns, etc. with maximum accuracy - UV mapping is madatory but skinning is not required, with a good knowledge of porting models to the Source engine and normal/bump mapping techniques being a bonus.

A texture artist is also welcomed onto our team roster, we have vaccancies for a weapon skinner and a world texture artist.

A weapon skinner is required to support our current weapon skinner in working through our long list of weapon models. The skinner must be experienced and able to work at high resolutions. Mapping and shader knowledge act as a bonus.

A texture artist is required to paint the walls of our worlds, working within the constraints of the Source engine, artists must work with a range of 512x512 to 2048x2048 tga files, to ever push the boundries of this engine. Knowledge of normal/bump mapping and shader writing act as a well desired bonus.

We are quite serious in getting The Opera: Release 2 out to the public but cannot do this without help.
Apply on our forums here.
Apply via email here.
Or apply via irc and ask 'Aneurexorcyst' at #operamod on GameSurge.net

Thank you, and good luck applying!

Just as an extra some of our previous and current work...

beretta_grey_render_old.jpg

(For our current Half-Life 2 Release)
tokarev_grey_render_old.jpg

shing_grey_render.jpg
shing_concept.jpg

solacesm3.jpg

(For our previous UT2K3 Release)
solacesm4.jpg

solacesm6.jpg

ruger.jpg

(For our Half-Life Release)
slobby.jpg

skeo2.jpg

katana.jpg

You may download our Half-Life Release here!

Gotta love that Ruger :O

What guns are those in the first in-game shot? It's a bit small :(

A CZ Model 75.
If you are talking about the in game UT2k3 shot.

However we are hoping there are people willing to work with us on our Half-Life 2 Release...

Say, can you name some exact examples for 'world models'? Like, this and that style of lantern.

Ok, I've got some days off, I might try some of those things :) I'll contact you per PM or in your own forums :)

(though vermillion already seems to dislike me... :bonce: )

Think of vermilion as an 'executive producer' he no longer works for us, as such...

Back