The PC Gamer Preveiw is out

neozero

Reaction score
So yeah run to your nearest retailer and dig your nose in it until oyu can't breathe anymore.

er, are we talking UK or US here?
edit:beaten to the punchline : ( damnit

You know what sucks...? Pointless threads with no info in them, like this one.

that's old, but there's no reason why someone couldn't have been behind the curve and just fuond out abute it

neozero said:
So yeah run to your nearest retailer and dig your nose in it until oyu can't breathe anymore.

Thanks, but you have to be more specific than that. Is it this month's edition? or is this some attention seeking campaign?

threads arn't necessarily meant for new information, its for discussion.

a news post would be though :D

This month's UK PCG preview sucks. Two pages spread horizontally to fit on a two 1/2 page strider pic, and another 1/2 page of screens from the Gamespy video with wrong information under them.

Varsity said:
This month's UK PCG preview sucks. Two pages spread horizontally to fit on a two 1/2 page strider pic, and another 1/2 page of screens from the Gamespy video with wrong information under them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's like it has to have some hl2 info every month -weather it be the same rehashed info - most of it is wrong too. PCG needs to make it exclusive and give somthing new.

Isn't it still Sunday in the UK? Mags really come out on Sunday?

Can someone tell us the info, even if it's wrong? It's sort of interesting to hear what people say...

OK, here's a summary.

G-Man's introductory quote, with no paragraph breaks. Even I was nearly fooled into thinking it was all gabbled through at once in the video. :s
"The talking point was not the technology, but the phycology"
"Characters that teased, taunted and flirted with the mute Gordon"
"Meanwhile, we felt genuine pity for the put-upon populance of City 17."
Incorrect G-Man quote: "That's all for now, Gordon..." Again, it's all on the same line (wrapped around a few times) so it looks rushed.

Four screens from the Strider video, not mentioning the flame effect of the Strider's phycannon.
Two screens of the rollermine cliff scene, with no mention of the rollermines.
Screen of Ravensholm: "...Gordon is caught in a Zombie ambush, but that doesn't stop him reacinh Eli's lab..."
Screen of Eli/Mossman scene, suggesting chronology with Ravensholm (how can anyone make THAT mistake?): "...in record time. This young lady (She must be in her early 40's) flirts with Gordon..." Yeah, right.

And to top it all, the weblink is to www.half-life.com! They also stake it for September, despite Valve repeatedly saying summer, and describes it as "The story of one man and his HEV suit" - wheras the focus is of course very much on character interaction. D'oh.

If there are this many mistakes in their HL2 coverage, I dread to think what the rest of the reports' accuracy is like.

head to this site:

pm me if you want the scanns

riTuaL said:
I don't think so, that's from January...

Nope, you'll have to look it as DD.MM.YY. So it's the first of May 2004

Even their last fake preview was better than this. Also the new layout blows hard. (extralife owns though)

meh thats a cS;S scan.

nothing new!

i want to see Hl2s REAL multiplayer already!!!!!!!!

The Terminator said:
last day of summer is September 21, my birthday.
That's a weird number to set it to. 30 would seem more logical to me at least.

Alec_85 said:
That's a weird number to set it to. 30 would seem more logical to me at least.

June 22 - September 21

3 months of summer.

Okay I checked out the US PCG preveiw and it didn't have much. Nothing we really don't know, and a lot of outdated information. The literally said that the SDK was due out in May when it was the June issue.

There were some interesting tidbits about source. For example, they said that it could be used to treat kids with autism and they also got a call for the military to use as a training aid.

ok can somebody else say that the summer is june 22nd - september 21st? i dont think ive quite got the message.

Summer in its solstice form is June 21st - September 21st. This has nothing to do with logic but the positioning of the sun in relation to the earth. June 21st is the longest day of the year (with December 21st being the shortest).

Calender-wise, summer is June, July, August.

When Valve say mid-summer, they could mean July or July 21st to August 21st!!

Thanks for clearing that out :) Should've known that myself :D

argh... nobody cares about solstices! september 1st is the start of the new season!

Back