The Platinum Edition

Mattigus

Reaction score
Does anyone have any news on what the Platinum Edition will contain, or have any musings on what the Platinum Edition will contain? All I know is that it's better than the regular version and I'm getting it, and I really hope it comes with a big metal crowbar.

edit: wow, since when have i been a zombie? cool.

There is absaloutly no infomation on this, nothing, nada, zip, only that a Collectors Edition will exist, some claim to know what it contains, but there wrong, there has been no infomation revealed about it at all.

I think a lot of people would consider a game which features a crowbar as a weapon is bad enough as it is, without the developers actually shipping the game with one as a free gift.

We can only speculate at this time what the special edition includes but I'm sure we'll get more information soon.

well, what do you people THINK the Special Edition will contain?

Behind the scenes videos on DVD. Maybe the HL2 game on DVD, T-shirts (maybe), the SDK and maybe some training videos for it.

But ya, thats alot of "maybe"'s

That sounds like the UT2004 special edition (minus the t-shirt, and plus a Logitech headset.) Since Half-Life is better than Unreal, I think Valve should put together a better package.

Mattigus said:
That sounds like the UT2004 special edition (minus the t-shirt, and plus a Logitech headset.) Since Half-Life is better than Unreal, I think Valve should put together a better package.
There is only so much you can put in that would be of interest to the players and still keep the price down.

I guess they could maybe put a Gordon Freeman action figure with "crowbar swinging action" in the box. :p

A voucher for a free Radeon graphics card!
I'd like a freeze-dried snark

They said the collectors would be DVD only didnt they

As long as it's on DVD, that's special enough for me to purchase it. Maybe a shirt or something as well, a black one with the Half-Life 2 logo on it similar to that advertisement in PCGamer this month.

Lobster, are you sure there's been no info released on it? I could swear I read somewhere that it contains the three Prima books; the strategy guide, mod-making guide, and the HL2 behind-the-scenes book. Plus, the game on DVD.

Also I think Gabe said that it'll contain, "Cool stuff for people who like cool stuff." Or something like that.

I want a book filled with all the Half Life² concept art, if not then valve will have a big problem with me *giggles insanely*

:O It's going to have Half-Life 2 on DVD and a preview for Half Life 3 and the Platinum Edition version of Half Life 2 are the ONLY ones that will be able to use special graphics features.

I'm getting the strangest sense of Deja Vu with this thread...some people are being serious, some people want a headcrab, and Brian D is going on about a stressball again. Hmm.

The platinum edition will be made of platinum. Me advice is: don't drop it on your toes.

If you look at that thread about those dudes who went to VALVe... I think we know what the packaging for the SE will look like... :D

Back