The song you want played at your funeral

I think it would have to be; highway to hell- AC/DC, heh that would be unexpected i would love to see the faces of the attendants.... bugger i'll be dead

Cemetery Gates!!!

Edit: Highway to Hell is another one I wouldn't mind.

Listenin to Good Riddance by Greenday, would be very fitting, also cool for the guests if an aging Billy Joe appeared to play!
Also Knockin on Heaven's Door, the Guns n Roses version would be quite nice

"Lonely Rolling Star" from the Katamari Damacy Soundtrack... either that or "Que Sera Sera"
either would be very fitting, i mean, the guests should be happy right, it's not like someone died or anything

"My Way" by Frank Sinatra ...sung by frankie himself ...in zombie form of course

nine inch nails - right where it belongs.

i tear up listening to this song. it's so profoundly sad/beautiful. there's something to be said about reznor's soft songs. i think most people listen to the hard stuff.

Leonard Cohen - 'Hallelujah' OF COURSE

Can't believe no-one else has said it.:eek:

Gloria Gaynor - I will Survive. :p
Or the CS version.
Though I hope that I explode so I don't have a funeral, if I had a wake I would have an empty casket. Everyone will say "Where is Frenchman?".....then BAM! Smoke and rave lasers galore! My corpse will be propped up on strings and I will dance like one crazy French mannequin! Heavy techno music must be included also.

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven... or Clapton - Tears in Heaven.... or... Queen - No One But You...

Dream Theater - Just Let Me Breath (especially if I died drowning)

or

Muse - Blackout, followed by Bliss

As I go down to be cooked, the last 3 minutes and 20 seconds of Octavarium (also by Dream Theater)

Evo said:
Listenin to Good Riddance by Greenday, would be very fitting, also cool for the guests if an aging Billy Joe appeared to play!
Also Knockin on Heaven's Door, the Guns n Roses version would be quite nice

How about the Avril Lavigne cover? :LOL:

I'm sticking with the Benny Hill Theme. :D

At The Gates - The Flames Of The End

Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

best song in the world

"Two Headed Boy Part II"-Neutral Milk Hotel.

I always imagined my brother taking my acoustic and playing it at my funeral.

DeusExMachinia said:
"Two Headed Boy Part II"-Neutral Milk Hotel.

I always imagined my brother taking my acoustic and playing it at my funeral.

F**kin aye, awesome song- hope your bro's got the voice to sing along tho- Mangum's voice is INCREDIBLE.

Yeah, the song is incredible, but I think it'd be weird at a funeral because, for the most part, it's another song fantacising about his 1945 dream girl (In my dreams you're alive, and you're crying, as your mouth moves in mine, soft and sweet rings of flowers round your eyes, and I love you...). I mean, incredible lyrics and whatnot, but it doesn't really deal with death or rejoice or anything you could associate with funerals.

I had to pick aeroplane over the sea simply for the fact that it's horribly beautiful and it DOES deal with death in a unique way (One day we will die and our ashes will fly in the aeroplane over the sea, but for now we are young, let us lie in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see). I mean, talk about poetry.

But yeah, no knock on your song selection. Neutral Milk Hotel is awesome beyond comprehension.

Celebration by Kool and the Gang, or the theme tune from the Benny Hill Show.

Bohonkie said:
Yeah, the song is incredible, but I think it'd be weird at a funeral because, for the most part, it's another song fantacising about his 1945 dream girl (In my dreams you're alive, and you're crying, as your mouth moves in mine, soft and sweet rings of flowers round your eyes, and I love you...). I mean, incredible lyrics and whatnot, but it doesn't really deal with death or rejoice or anything you could associate with funerals.

I had to pick aeroplane over the sea simply for the fact that it's horribly beautiful and it DOES deal with death in a unique way (One day we will die and our ashes will fly in the aeroplane over the sea, but for now we are young, let us lie in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see). I mean, talk about poetry.

But yeah, no knock on your song selection. Neutral Milk Hotel is awesome beyond comprehension.

Well yeah, the album's inspired by Anne Frank, her life, and his love for her, but his lyrics are so much more than that. I think the lyrics would fit perfectly for the occasion. Maybe I'll have him play Two Headed Boy Part I while he's at it too. Hopefully he'll learn to play guitar before I die...

For this post, we'll just assume that some sort of voodoo magic lets me live again.

Because I'd like The Verve's beautiful Bitterweet Symphony or Coldplay and Fix You.

Or Boom Shake the Room by Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff.

Closer by Nine Inch Nails. You'll get it if you know the song.
Or Highway to Hell.

Motion Picture Soundtrack - Radiohead

My funeral's gonna be depressing whether people like or not, goddamit!

Cormeh said:
Or Boom Shake the Room by Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff.
Good choice, sir.
Would you, in keeping with the Fresh Prince feel, like the theme tune played as one of the hymns? It's just that then you'd have lots of mourners holding the pamphlets all singing along:
"In West Philidelphia, born and raised..."
Also, the finale of the whole ordeal could be your corpse being thrown into the grave my a fat, balding black man in a comedy fashion.

As far as I can tell, that'd be the perfect funeral.
Well, apart from the voodoo magic one you mentioned. That'd be pretty sweet.

Back