the sprint key in half life

lloyd

Reaction score
hi all
im having problems with the sprint key....it wont work at all....the default is the shift key and when i hold it down while pressing the forward key nothin happens.....now im pressing the left shift key....im sure the default is walking....anyone else having trouble and how do i fix it?

Lloyd

Do you have the HEV suit yet?
You need it to be able to sprint :/

You're positive that sprint is binded to the left shift key, right? Double check by going into the Options menu.

Also, for the first half hour of HL2, you won't be able to sprint.. as Idonotbelonghere put it, you need to get the HEV suit, which you'll get pretty soon.

If you still can't figure out, make sure that there isn't something wrong with your keyboard.. does shift work in other programs, like MS Word?

sprinting

thanks guys for your help....actually i just started the game yesterday so that explains why i cannot sprint....hopefully soon i can find a weapon...i wanna start shooting instead of walking around....hehe

Who are these fools who have been playing for 2 seconds and suddonly think "Where's the grav gun?". Play the game and find out!

Not quite the same but I have a similar problem with the SLOW WALK key not working?
Anyone any ideas?
(didn't think it was worth a new thread!)

There's no slow walk key, unless you count crouching.

It's the opposite of HL1 where you were faster and held shift to walk slowly, in HL2 you are slower and hold shift to sprint.

The slow walk key works, but it slows down the player just a tiny bit it's almost unnoticable...

Back