The Steam purchase page for HL2

Nice hack, but it would be more interesting if the purchase options were actually disclosed.

Synthaxx R-or said:
I'm not sure i'm following you here, how is this important?
It's fun to try and view all of Valve's promotional and marketing information before it's released :)

That is the page you'll see when the option of purchasing HL2 is available. Not especially exciting but interesting to see nonetheless

Chris_D said:
That is the page you'll see when the option of purchasing HL2 is available. Not especially exciting but interesting to see nonetheless

Oops, i thought it was the page from yesterday, the one that came up just before the preload. The one I closed withing 0.02 seconds of opening ;) :naughty:

Shows what I know :p

Interesting, though there's not much content on it.

[EDIT:] On a side note, how do you find these things? Guess random URLs?

Good signs...good positive signs. Any idea how long that page has been up for?

try messing with
steam://purchase/7

7 is for condition zero, 8 is apparently for HL1
anything above 8 apparently doesn't exist
anything below 6 is not yet prepared for online purchase ..

edit :
try
steam://run/220

:cheese:

Modify the preload dialog to Steam/Cached/PreloadSubscription_FinishedPreload_NotPayed_Playable.res

Click "Purchase this game now..:" For side effect put "OMGWTFBBQ!" in the title.

Attachments

• tehomgsteam.JPG
    tehomgsteam.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 404
The Spanish version of the page has different text. Below is the Bablefish translation:

GORDON RETURNS And WITH DESIRE TO GIVE CANE.

The new technology patented by Valve, Source®, matches intense and concrete possible of Half-Life 2.

EDIT: More versions:

French Tranlastion:
GORDON EAST OF RETURN. YES. ALWAYS WEAPON OF ITS CROWBAR. AND PRET ANY DEMOLIR.

The intense and physical rate/rhythm of Half-Life 2 could be created only thanks to Source®, the new technology of engine pertaining to Valve.

German translation:

GORDON IS BACK. JAWOLL. STILL WITH BRECHSTANGE. STILL SUPER.

Source®, the again developed engine technology of valve, makes in 'Half-Life 2' actionreiches Gameplay with body employment possible.

Italian tranlation:

GORDON RETURNS. WITH L'IMMANCABILE AUCTION, READY To GIVING BLOWS. L'azione of game being involved and physical of Half-Life 2 is rendered only thanks to the new motor Source®, the new patented technology Valve possible.

Japanese translation:

Gordon comes returning. So is. In addition it has the bar/var. The fragment it is not. Half life 2 being intense, therefore Valve developed the extreme game, individually new engine ョ technology, the source, very it became possible.

Korean translation:

Boils returned. Crow right as ever is to his hand. One phased Ub expect the action which becomes the RAID. The Half-Life actual playing which 2 is powerful will lead and the Source which the Valve is a new copyright retention engine technique it could be come true.

Russian translation:

GORDON RETURNS. AGAIN with THE MOUNTING. IT IS AGAIN READY To EXPLOITS.

Dynamics of game and physics Half- bodice 2 are reached with the aid of Source®, the new patented graphic technology from Valve.

And that's every language that BableFish does.

Why did they use the word Subscribe instead of Purchase?
Have i missed anything?
I just wanna buy it, nothing else.

I'm guessing they use the word "subscribe" because the game gets attached to your steam account and thus you have a subscription to Half-life 2

Ok, thanks :)
Has anyone here that lives in Europe bought a game through Steam?
If yes what about the Tax thats in the price (i looked at CZ 29,95 + Tax)
If a European buys CZ whats the EXACT amount that is drawn from the Credit Card?

I'd imagine American tax laws would apply. I'm not what VAT is currently at in U.S.

tax is like 6.5% here in NC, what percentage is VAT? I think it's a bit higher, no? And what does VAT stand for?

Sub_Lon said:
tax is like 6.5% here in NC, what percentage is VAT? I think it's a bit higher, no? And what does VAT stand for?

VAT = Value Added Tax

It's 17.5% here in the UK.

mortiz said:
VAT = Value Added Tax

It's 17.5% here in the UK.

That rate is set by EU. It's 17.5% in every European Union country.

And it differs from what you buy.

FISKER_Q said:

Sorry for being a bit slow here :eek: but how does this work practically?
Will Valve add 17.5% to the amount (29,95 for CZ in this example) drawn from my Credit Card?

Hmmmm

FISKER_Q said:

Nope. VAT is diffrent in each EU country. In Poland it's 22% or 6%.

krzysp said:
Nope. VAT is diffrent in each EU country. In Poland it's 22% or 6%.
Weird, i'm sure i read a couple of places that it was 17,5% for electronic articles. And that was for the whole European Union.

And Wowbagger yes, if you buy CS: CZ VAT will be added. so if it's 10% and the game is 30$ you will pay 33$.

And yes it should be charged automaticly(I believe the company not remembering to charge VAT gets stuck with the bill).

FISKER_Q said:
Weird, i'm sure i read a couple of places that it was 17,5% for electronic articles. And that was for the whole European Union.

And Wowbagger yes, if you buy CS: CZ VAT will be added. so if it's 10% and the game is 30$ you will pay 33$.

And yes it should be charged automaticly(I believe the company not remembering to charge VAT gets stuck with the bill).

Ah k, thanks alot for the info :thumbs:

Eh, anyone get a snap? Giving an error now.

edit: and it seems to be changing a little everytime I refresh... :O

Back