The Storm of Steel Update

A

Azlan

The Storm of Steel is a World War I modification that promises to mix the realism of war with the arcade style to keep the fun factor. The mod plans on taking all the major battles of WWI, including the Somme, Ypres, Vimy Ridge, and others and allow the player to experience what it might have been like. There are plans to use all sorts of vehicles, from horses to tanks, as well as multiple classes and weapons. [br]</br>They have released quite a few skinned models today, with promises of new map screenshots in the coming days.[br]

[br]To learn more about the Storm of Steel, click here to be whisked away to their website.

How can a mod be considered realistic with a German model that looks like a cheap plastic toy that I used to play with when I was a kid? :(

EDIT: Not to mention the face it's making.

Looks OK, a bit blocky. But a World War mod AND a realism mod!?!?!?! I think I'm going to go the bathroom in my pants. But no, not in the front. But in the back. And throw it at my screen. But seriously, I'm sick of World War mods/games. They already did a lot of models, so it's hard to change their direction now, but they should try.

hahaha, you guys crack me up... give them a little slack.. sure the models arent.. ummm... perfect, but at least they are trying, lets just hope they realize that and do the nessecary adjustments... nothing worse then seeing super bad models make it in a mod.

SystemShock2 said:
eh, might turn out all right, but why do the grenades have flat bottoms?

I guess people liked things to be flat back when.

I thought the German soldier was a black man before I read the text.

Wait...did black germans serve in WWI for them?

The models are better than I can make. Well, mostly because I suck at texturing but w/e.

DoctorWeeTodd said:
I thought the German soldier was a black man before I read the text.

Wait...did black germans serve in WWI for them?

The Senegalese served the french, And the Africans served the british, But no blacks fought for germany, or atleast to my knowledge.

Germanys colonies in Africa who had to fend off the British, and they used some of the locals. So yeah, Germany had Black troops in ww1.

Edgar said:
Germanys colonies in Africa who had to fend off the British, and they used some of the locals. So yeah, Germany had Black troops in ww1.
Population of Caucasions in German Army: 99.9%
Population of Blacks in German Army: Jim

I don't think that's quite fair. There are many WWII mods, to be sure, but I haven't seen many WWI mods. To be honest, I don't really care if the graphics aren't at a professional level as long as the gameplay's there.

And I'd like to see what Vimy Ridge is like.

they got it wrong, the right name is "Playmobil does WWI".

Back