The todays vid? #4?

Well isn't this vid going to considerably larger than the last 3? Maybe thats causing some issues i dunno

Originally posted by ValVed RaY
they never said any exact dates for the release after the FIRST video, they said aprox, one each day.
one each day? they haven't released anything since Friday when they released Kleiner's lab. That's not "one" each day" That's way past one day.

So...am I getting this right...the vids are just higher res bink movies of the same e3 video we already downloaded?

Yes but what I beleive is that by looking at the other 3 movies and seeing that the releases went well I don't see anything that should be worked on with the movie releases. Its just a matter of clicking a button to release the movies :D

Kinda like someone did when the first movie was released (I wonder if they didnt accidentaly release it in the first place mabye we wouldnt of had it at all....hmmmm....)

Well you guys don't think that this could be a "slap in the face" for us hexing the other vids do you? And what was the deal with klieners lab being released on fileplanet before they released it on steam?

Need it for live

i am ill!!, i look my steam each 3 minutes, hl2 media is my drug!

Re: Need it for live

Originally posted by elhispano
i am ill!!, i look my steam each 3 minutes, hl2 media is my drug!
And your b@llz are your mouse and keyboard

if you guys didnt hack the videos they wouldnt have had to wasted time making it so you couldn't then you wonder why the streams are late

for every action theres a reaction.

lol

Attachments

• lol.jpg
    lol.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 314
if you guys didnt hack the videos they wouldnt have had to wasted time making it so you couldn't then you wonder why the streams are late

bs... they were ready for the hexing... they already had the gcache ready for level 2, and were probably quick at getting it out

besides, you can't blame anyone for cheating the vids, if it's on your hdd, you damn well have the right to find out what it is, just like Windows Longhorn is gonna get hacked to hell and back when they put in all the extra security shit

longhorn is just a codename it won't be the final name for it i wonder what it will be though hmm maybe Windows VR (valved ray) or something fancy like that

:borg:

Well i don't think there was anything illegal about the hack, but maybe they were testing there system to see how easy people could find and hex the vids that way they can correct it and see what steps they should take to secure there interests when they release hl2 over steam, so infact they may have anticipated the hack but they still need to seal some holes in steam..

Valve is just baiting the hook guys. It has to do with their marketing strategy more than anything. Uploading a video on steam is not that big of a deal for them. They are just setting us up to be chomping at the bit to get HL2 when it comes out.

Originally posted by ValVed RaY

So youre 100% percent sure that Valve didnt mean for us to be able to hack them?

ack! course valve intended us to hack the videos if they didnt they'd have to be incredibly ignorant and i very much doubt that with their credentials...

at the very least I would have to say Valve has some very smart individuals in the marketing department. they know how to get people itnerested and how to make people want more...they know what they are doing.

Originally posted by reever2
So youre 100% percent sure that Valve didnt mean for us to be able to hack them?

they knew it would be trivial to do so, but if people hadn't spread it all around they probably would have continued using the method they were using, and we'd have the new video right now.

I am sure they are glad they found this out. The whole point of software rev. is to fix bugs or make a program better, secure, etc . . .

I do not believe valve would hold back media just because someone found a "hack" if you want to call it that into thier software. I am sure there are good reasons here. Remember folks they are trying to get the game finished so you all don't bitch at them for not makeing the sept 30th date.

So suck it up and quit your endless search/bitch for why they are not releasing the media.

Enough babbling here.

Originally posted by Yatta
I agree. I was playing CS 1.6 and I was telling them about the new HL2 media and they just told me HL2 will never be released. Vulva is pissing me off for not releasing the ****ing 4th video today. :flame:

lol, vulva.... yeah wats up with that? steam dled sumthing today. i thought it was preloading the fourth vid, but some guy told me it was some "platform" thing

My CS 1.6 is updating.

Last time CS was updating in Steam the video's wern't released because of it. kinda sucks.

Originally posted by XtAkm4p
lol, vulva.... yeah wats up with that? steam dled sumthing today. i thought it was preloading the fourth vid, but some guy told me it was some "platform" thing
Yea, it was the platform. It looks like there'll be no 4th video today. :(

Me just getting home from work this is news to me... either stop opening this thread if you know whats in it, or go read a book.

Do we really have to go through this bitching contest everytime a video is planned for release? It's getting rather old..

Come on people obviously it isn't coming out today, it'll be here when it gets here, all we can do is wait, if ya think about it waiting for media kinda distracts us from waiting till' september.

Attachments

• negative7.jpg
    negative7.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 305
exactly, then why do ppl constantly remake threads of the same topic. old news. old pic, old news, gg.

Valve has let us down again.
Now im really not sure about Sept 30th being the release date ;(

Yes, Valve is letting you down by being pre-occupied with the game that you want this media for.
No offense but they don't owe you anything, get over it.
Until you make better games and make better assumptions on its media and release dates you don't get much ground to complain.
Have some patience for once at least.

Originally posted by Innervision961
Come on people obviously it isn't coming out today, it'll be here when it gets here, all we can do is wait, if ya think about it waiting for media kinda distracts us from waiting till' september.
Yo, where did u get that pic? I've tried Ebaum's world site but couldn't find it...

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Yo, where did u get that pic? I've tried Ebaum's world site but couldn't find it...
oh lol i just photoshopped that one you can right click and save picture

Originally posted by Scaramanga
Valve has let us down again.
Now im really not sure about Sept 30th being the release date ;(

Words that describe you:

1. Ignorant
2. Never gets the facts
3. Says stupid things

I am not being mean...I am just stating what I think of your comments.

:cool:

How did they lie? They said "They will begin predownloading it early next week" last Friday. Mondy Is early in the week, but so is Tuesday. Get a grip, good grief

Back