The Urge

Isn't it illegal by decree of Munro himself that threads like these be made?

Please tell me this is a Doom: Repercussions of Evil reference.
No, Mutoid. You are the Repercussions of Evil references.

Dunno about this. Yes, in my own experience, you keep what you take into it, so if you're anxious or sad before you start smoking then the weed will only make it worse. But other people report that it puts their mind at ease and helps them forget anxiety. Seems like only an individual can know how it works for them. I guess that means: be very cautious about using it as a therapeutic tool.
Pretty much. Also, prolonged excessive use causes a buildup of cannabinoid neurotransmitters in your brain. After a certain threshold, these will spill over into parts of the brain that control emotional response and emotional memories (mostly the amygdala), at which point you'll be anxious and disassociated, and smoking more will only serve to make it worse. Taking a break of 2-6 weeks will allow this chemical overload to dissipate.

No, Mutoid. You are the Repercussions of Evil references.

Pretty much. Also, prolonged excessive use causes a buildup of cannabinoid neurotransmitters in your brain. After a certain threshold, these will spill over into parts of the brain that control emotional response and emotional memories (mostly the amygdala), at which point you'll be anxious and disassociated, and smoking more will only serve to make it worse. Taking a break of 2-6 weeks will allow this chemical overload to dissipate.

Ah, that makes sense! I never knew that. I had been smoking every day for months, and after a while I began feeling more socially awkward and anxious around people, even if I knew them really well. So I stopped smoking for a week and a half and felt as right as rain. Now I really only smoke just a couple times a week at night and it's been great.

Probably the biggest reason I don't want to completely quit is the music aspect. I just love the slightly altered perception. People only think ganja is bad because they're told it is.

Back