The Village

SpuD

Reaction score
Im going to go see it today, anyone else?
I love his movies, signs was awesome.

Night Shamalan (however you spell it) is a GREAT director.

I got back from seeing it less than an hour ago. Quite good. :)

Oh, and I think I'm psychic! :eek:

Well...
It starts out like this...
I've never seen Signs
I've only seen the first trailer
I know it's about a village and there's monsters :x who hate red
I probably won't see it in theatres

Lemme hear a 'rofl' if you wanted this spoiled, you little :E s

space :rolling:

I'm still talking...---------------------------------:angry:

done

And they live happily ever after!

letters, is the movie really worth watching?
i mean don't tell me the twist at the end, just tell me it's better than the one in unbreakable

the one in unbreakable, what-

Bruce willis finds out he is a superhero and that his crippled opposite is a supervillan? then he realises all that "with power comes responsibility" bullshot and then i forgot what happens?

im sure it would be better than that. i liked unbreakable, though- just found it a little weird...

Please post the twist at the end in spoiler tags, I got no cash, I gotta see if it's the one in the script!11

Its a departure for Shaymalan in a lot of respects, and will probably not be liked by as many people as Signs. However, it is an extremely smart movie and arguably the best thing hes ever made.

Suicide42 said:
the one in unbreakable, what-

Bruce willis finds out he is a superhero and that his crippled opposite is a supervillan? then he realises all that "with power comes responsibility" bullshot and then i forgot what happens?

im sure it would be better than that. i liked unbreakable, though- just found it a little weird...

u know.. i don't understand why Unbreakable gets slagged so much around here.
it was quite a good movie... infact i personally liked it almost as much as The Sixth Sense.

someone care to explain what i missed? or didn't miss? or whatever... :|

i might check out The Village but theres a couple of movies i want to see in August.. so i might skip this one sadly. :(

All I know, is that a lot of people will be diappointed with The Village (based on spoilers).

I personally don't see what's so great about M. Night Shyamalan

Lol, ok I know the twists now.

Thank god it isn't
CRAZY ****ING WHITE PEOPLE!!111

But it's still pretty bad :\

I was going to see that tonight but meh. im gonna see the bourne supremecy tomarow

It was OK, nothing special and doesn't hold a candle to unbreakable IMO. BTW I saw the twist coming a mile away, M night should really stop making films with twists at the end, they don't have to same effect as they once did ( unbreakable, 6th sense).
6/10 :(
sHm0zY said:
I was going to see that tonight but meh. im gonna see the bourne supremecy tomarow
Now thats a good film.

Unbreakable was the worst of Shyamalan's movies.. you're all INSANE!

None have been ANYWHERE near as good as The Sixth Sense.

BTW, I just got back from The Village. Was pretty good.. if not a bit odd. Wasn't fantastic, just good

It goes in this order (my order, lol)

Best

The Sixth Sense
Unbreakable
Signs

Worst

It seems that I feel that there is a decline in the quality of his work upon each successive film (especially in the 'story/plotting' department)

I also feel that we will see something great from him in his next picture

time will tell, but for now, "M" stands for 'meh'

i like the 'signs' if it is same we see here? about corn spaceman?

in that it is hard to undstand transl. but i see it is us here who make earth win.

so yes to signs!

:) :) :) :D :D :D

brightgreen said:
It goes in this order (my order, lol)

Best

The Sixth Sense
Unbreakable
Signs

Worst

It seems that I feel that there is a decline in the quality of his work upon each successive film (especially in the 'story/plotting' department)

I also feel that we will see something great from him in his next picture

time will tell, but for now, "M" stands for 'meh'

Meh Night Shamalamadingdong

HerzaiMekhtar said:
i like the 'signs' if it is same we see here? about corn spaceman?

ok, that is a sig line for sure! I hope you don't mind, but corn spacemen is teh funneh!! ;)

So, I take it this is just Yatta posing as a new SuperTrooper?

Mr. Redundant said:
Yatta? or Supertrooper?
same vein?

i haven't said anything in fear of that..
i'll reserve judgement til a mod says something first.

Dr. Freeman said:
i haven't said anything in fear of that..
i'll reserve judgement til a mod says something first.
no matter a person's origin or language NO ONE speaks like that.
its got a distinct yatta/tropper flavor

Shyamalan is a good visual director and a competent storyteller, but he seems to be stuck in a genre he doesn't want to be in (thanks in part to the sixth sense). Why does there always have to be some shitty twist at the end too? The Sixth Sense' twist was great, but the other two (three?) leave a lot to be desried.. and the guys proven (with the Stuart Little script) that he doesn't HAVE TO include these 'twists'.

The Village's "twist" (I saw SOME of it coming) is, I think, pretty good... without it, a large part of the meaning/message is kinda lost, ya know?

I bet the twist has something to do with co-existence (going by the trailer), or something just as lame..

Actually, I think the "twist" isn't really a huge twist. Rather, an intricate part of the plot, and was very well done (as opposed to Signs' OMGALIENRUSEPIXIEDUSTBUTKIDRLIVECUZHERHAVEASTHAMATTAK&LITTLEGIRLWATERSAVESUSALL)

and craig, WHY did you change your username!? ;(

Shuzer said:
Actually, I think the "twist" isn't really a huge twist. Rather, an intricate part of the plot, and was very well done (as opposed to Signs' OMGALIENRUSEPIXIEDUSTBUTKIDRLIVECUZHERHAVEASTHAMATTAK&LITTLEGIRLWATERSAVESUSALL)

Well I'll probably see it anyway..

Shuzer said:
and craig, WHY did you change your username!? ;(

I chose 'craigweb' when I first started using the internet in the early 90s and back then it didn't sound so cheesy as it does now... and well um, I used to smoke Benson & Hedges cigarettes so I figured, um... wait. why did I change my name? ah well.

I almost posted the end of the movie for you, Silent, but I figured someone would view it, even though I put gigantic warning text.. so I decided not to post it. PM me if you REALLY want to know

Shuzer said:
I almost posted the end of the movie for you, Silent, but I figured someone would view it, even though I put gigantic warning text.. so I decided not to post it. PM me if you REALLY want to know

So let me get this straight...

The main twist of the movie is the fact that there is a village of people, living a backwards life in some woodland and there are 'elders' using fear, much in the same way GWB uses fear to keep the US closed off?

And what they don't realise is that modernday society is outside and the 'monsters' are just a guise to keep them from entering the woods?

Letters said:
Shuzer avoided posting it for a reason...

yeah, but mine was mearley a guess (having not seen the film), and if nosey parkers can't keep from unhiding something in a spoiler tag it's their own fault ;)

Hmm. That was a good guess. But it goes a little further than that.
Still, relating the elders in that movie to GWB is just sad. This isn't a politcal thread :p

Shuzer said:
Hmm. That was a good guess. But it goes a little further than that.
Still, relating the elders in that movie to GWB is just sad. This isn't a politcal thread :p

A little further in the fact that horrific acts are carried out by the elders to keep people afraid and not questioning whats beyond the woods (including the use of the colour red)...

... by any chance? Man, I hate being right. I'll still probably see the film though, because Shyamalan at least has promise.. unlike Frakes. Has anyone actually seen Thunderbirds yet?

Back