The Witcher - PC Review

I find Vista works absolutely fine for me (I use HP 64 version), I much prefer it to XP. XP worked great when it initially launched, but in a matter of months the response time visibly slowed (esp boot up) and even with deep registry cleaning never reached it's former standards. It's a bloaty operating system that gets worse over time, and pretty much requires you to completely reformat & reinstall every 6 months if you want to keep your machines performance level optimal if you're a heavy PC user. That's an opinion of XP I have based upon personal experience and is one pretty much unanimously shared by my friends, IT or otherwise. I'm not sure what evidence needs to be provided or how. :dozey:

heh :)

Is cleaning the registry helpful? I've never done that. I've removed apps with a regcleaner app before though.

I've run a prog that found a ton of shit in my registry that it says is bad, but I was afraid it would mess up something that wasn't bad after all so I didn't clean it up. What kind of performance could I get from doing that - just faster start up?

I don't plan to ever re-install Windows, but in the past I've needed too, so I'm not naive. I just don't see the performance changing any over time, and I've had this install for about ........... 6 months. D:

I just had to reformat and to tell you the truth, my computer runs the same as before the reformat.

The game runs like shit for me, and i often encounter artifacts. It runs at a staggering 5 fps even at the lowest settings. Wtf?

Back