the worst/best trade in nfl history?

Lil' Timmy

Reaction score
ok, probably not.. but it's up there. corey dillon to the pats for a 2nd round pick?!? what the what? he's like a consistent 1200 yrd rusher. sure they needed to get rid of him, but giving him to another afc team (!?) and for only a 2nd rd pick (!!). someone in the bengals front office is smoking something. i'm sure there are some nfc teams that would have given more than a 2nd round pick for him.

anyway.. i just wanted to continue my eccentricness, and posting about sports on hl2.net is about as out there as you can get.
:cheese:

i'd say that has to definitely be a shitty trade... lol i mean c'mon... at least trade him for someone you KNOW will be a big contributor to the team. best trade in nfl history... (broncos fan here, so i gotta be a little biased :p) but acquiring john elway from the colts has got to be up on that list.

Jackal hit said:
i'd say that has to definitely be a shitty trade... lol i mean c'mon... at least trade him for someone you KNOW will be a big contributor to the team. best trade in nfl history... (broncos fan here, so i gotta be a little biased :p) but acquiring john elway from the colts has got to be up on that list.
i don't know if that even counts as a trade, more like "elway being a pussy and threatening to run to baseball because he didn't want to play for the colts because he's a big pussy" :)

ok, technically it was a trade, but i think elway was a big pussy for doing that, always will. while in hindsight it was a lop-sided trade (future hall-of-famer for another QB and a lineman i think?), he was a future hall-of-famer. at the time he was just a first round draft pick. corey dillion is a marquee player, had been a perenial probowler. given hindsight, obviously elway was the best/worst trade in nfl history, but at the time i think this is a little more questionable. i mean, a 2nd round pick?? it is a pretty good draft pool this year though.. still.. elway is a pussy :)

lol elway's no pussy :p ... unless you follow that whole "you are what you eat" type thing... in which case i'm a pussy through and through. but eh... elway at the time had the most career yardage at stanford... (doesn't mean much these days) ... but eh well he had VERY impressive college numbers. he'd be like carson palmer(who i still think could be a very good quarterback)..they should have started him, not the guy that looks like bobby hill(you know who i mean KITNA *cough* KITNA...lol)

Lil' Timmy said:
ok, probably not.. but it's up there. corey dillon to the pats for a 2nd round pick?!? what the what? he's like a consistent 1200 yrd rusher. sure they needed to get rid of him, but giving him to another afc team (!?) and for only a 2nd rd pick (!!). someone in the bengals front office is smoking something. i'm sure there are some nfc teams that would have given more than a 2nd round pick for him.
that's a great trade. but maybe I like it because I'm a pats fan :thumbs:
New England management really knows what they're doing... they get themselves into positions where they have strong backup players and good draft picks (6 in the first 4 rounds, it used to be 7 until they got Dillon)! :D

synth said:
that's a great trade. but maybe I like it because I'm a pats fan :thumbs:
New England management really knows what they're doing... they get themselves into positions where they have strong backup players and good draft picks (6 in the first 4 rounds, it used to be 7 until they got Dillon)! :D
that's what i'm sayin.. i think the pats must have some mob heavies helping them out in the conference rooms. how'd they intimidate the bengals into this trade, thats what i want to know?

jackal: who the **** is bobby hill? oh, is that the king of the hill kid? i guess kitna does kinda look like that. anyway, it was still a bitch move by elway. and he wasn't carson palmer.. herschel walker won the heismann that year :). he was the first of the crop of QBs picked that year though. but even though he never won a super bowl, dan marino was a better QB, imo.

Lil' Timmy said:
that's what i'm sayin.. i think the pats must have some mob heavies helping them out in the conference rooms. how'd they intimidate the bengals into this trade, thats what i want to know?

jackal: who the **** is bobby hill? oh, is that the king of the hill kid? i guess kitna does kinda look like that. anyway, it was still a bitch move by elway. and he wasn't carson palmer.. herschel walker won the heismann that year :). he was the first of the crop of QBs picked that year though. but even though he never won a super bowl, dan marino was a better QB, imo.

well, what i meant is... maybe carson palmer could be another elway/marino/montana type. i really wish cincinatti had played him.

Spiffae said:
um, this forum is for computer game nerds... we don't watch sports, sports are for the cool kids. we play "counter strike" at our "lan parties"

jeez, go to http://www.coolkids.com/sports/cool-kids-only/football/meathead/forums.html

that's where this conversation should be happening :)

aww damn, i knew something felt out of place. anyways, now that you've made 700 posts... you should make every one of your future posts through edits. and then eventually stop. that way you can stay at 700 ... WORD

SidewinderX143 said:
anyhting synder has done.
the portis trade was pretty good methinks.. and while not a trade you've gotta be happy about gibbs, right? but yeah, in general, snyder may be the worst GM ever :)

I can't watch NFL 'cause i live in Finland. :(

Back