The Zeitgeist Movement

Tyguy

Space Core
Reaction score
Just finished it and it was very good. It's basically summarizing what The Venus Project proposes, which is:

The Venus Project said:
The Venus Project is an organization that proposes a feasible plan of action for social change, one that works towards a peaceful and sustainable global civilization. It outlines an alternative to strive toward where human rights are no longer paper proclamations but a way of life.

it's the length of your average movie but very informative and interesting.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3932487043163636261#

Yes, nonsensical luddite ideals recycled from the late 19th century, mixed with foolish extrapolations and utopian wishful thinking. That's exactly what we need.

I hope you enjoy the kool-aid.

EDIT: I hope you realize the jist of this movement is simply Marxism with slightly more modern jargon.

overtime robots will take over every day needs we'll have no jobs and people need something creative to do all day. no one is going to be painting all day and i think a lot of people will just go out and act like jackasses for a while

It was pretty interesting, but people love money and power too much. Still, I think there is some cool ideas in there. Isn't that the movie with the ultra speed train?

overtime robots will take over every day needs we'll have no jobs and people need something creative to do all day. no one is going to be painting all day and i think a lot of people will just go out and act like jackasses for a while

As mechanization of industry occured over the past century, we have moved to a service economy. What this movement, and many other planned economic movements have in common is that they fail to take the service industry into account when talking about "labor." Seventy percent of wealth in the western world is generated by services.

Its true that services will someday probably mostly be mechanized (on the consumer end anyway,) but that just creates more jobs doing far more interesting things -- designing the mechanized systems for instance.

actually it's almost exactly the same as technocracy...which i used to be a member years ago. i kinda like some of their ideas, but meh....people grow up.

I have a friend who has been telling me to watch these videos on Zeitgeist for 2 years (yet I never find the time). He tells me it is such a major social movement yet I'll never hear anything about it in the media due to what is represents.

I'm not sure if I'm interested to invest the time in it or just cast it off early as another idealistic cult. I'm not going to be reading Das Kapital any time soon I must admit...

Zeitgeist movies are vaste of everyones time, it's just another stupid "Bush did 9/11" pseudo-documentary. I'm not sure if they are a cult but it's based on certainly naive, absurd and possibly dangerous ideas.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

wait...i forgot my fries... here we go

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

these people are nuts...good intentioned nuts but still

The twitter approach:
1) start a twitter account: and all you do is tweet (and retweet)... "the zeitgeist movement", "RBE", "Venus project", "OSE (open source economy)", "earth 2.0", etc...
3) use bit.ly to change the text; this way we can very the message and not be considered spam
2) do it ALL day, every minute, every 5 minutes, every hour, ALL the time, EVERYDAY... tweet ur ass off

The youtube approach:
1) open a youtube account (hell... open 3, 5 or 10): i will open a new account everyday an upload one of our vids (TZM/TVP/RBE etc...)
2) i will (or this project team will) email our list of people (see above) the new youtube channel link; they will ALWAYS: play the vid, favorite the new vid, rate and comment the new vid... EVERYDAY; if u open multiple accounts this will be more powerful; u can do all this in each account
* we will also put the new channel under activism or politics (ya know change it up) under channel type.
3) play the vid over and over just open a tab and keep playing it
this will get multiple slots on the front page of yourtube everyday and it's not like youtube cares who's on the front; it's always shane dawson, shaytards, sxephil or someother random.

The digg approach:
1) start a digg or do a digg through facebook
2) everyday our email list will be sent the article to digg.
* this is an easy one; 1.5-2.5k (in diggs) will hit the front of digg (usually)

The Wikipedia approach:
1) very easy; go into wikipedia and search, "the zeitgeist movement" "the venus project" etc... and search it a few times a day.
*now a lot of people do not know how to find the most "wiki'ed" list but it will generate buzz among the wiki/tech crowd.

The Google approach:
1) Google: "the zeitgeist movement", "RBE", "Venus project", "OSE (open source economy)", "earth 2.0", etc...
2) Google it over and over again, all day.
*this will be a little harder to grab and i am not sure how Google calculates their approximations for Google Trends but if we Google all day we will know after one day if it works.

Im not watching but is this the idea of

Canada
America
Mexico

All become Uno Americana?

Back