TheNerdNews: Florida man accused of using gator as weapon

thenerdguy

Reaction score
Florida man accused of using gator as weapon

PORT ORANGE, Florida (AP) -- A man hit his girlfriend with a 3-foot alligator and threw beer bottles at her during an argument in the couple's mobile home, authorities said.

David Havenner, 41, was ordered held without bond Saturday on misdemeanor charges of battery and possession of an alligator.

The alligator, which Havenner had been keeping in his bathtub, was turned over to Florida wildlife officials.

Nancy Monico, 39, told investigators that Havenner beat her with his fists, then grabbed the alligator and swung it at her as she tried to escape, sheriff's spokesman Gary Davidson said. She said the animal hit her at least once. She also told authorities that Havenner threw empty beer bottles at her, Davidson said.

Havenner's version of the story differed. He told investigators that Monico bit his hand because she was upset that they had run out of alcohol.

WOW :eek: :eek:

Link

"i've got a gator and I'm not afraid to use it."

I doubt the gator enjoyed it very much either.

Interesting how the gator was used as a bludgening weapon, not to bite the victim or anything. It was like a baseball bat, only with teeth, I guess. Pfft.

Yeah I may not post as much as I used to but I make up for quanity with quality! :)

Oh God...once again my home state becomes the laughing stock of America: 2000 Presidential election, 9/11 terrorists living pretty openly (the ring leader Atta living about a mile from my house), etc...the list can go on and on. Really, Florida is the strangest state in the US.

Still, my university mascot was a gator and we had lots of them in the lakes and ponds around the campus (quite a few dogs get made into snacks every year by them).

It's Great To Be A Florida Gator :)

...and gator meat tastes pretty good.

Back