TheNerdNews: Woman Flees Marriage Proposal At NBA Game

thenerdguy

Reaction score
The apparent proposal came at the end of a halftime contest on the Wizards home court Saturday night.
The woman was blindfolded, sent out on the court, and told if she could find a local bank's mascots, she would win free Wizards tickets.
As the crowd yelled "hot" and "cold," the woman roamed the court for about 10 seconds.
Then, as she found and touched the bank mascot, she was told she won the contest.
However, the public address announcer said a man that the woman knew had a question for her.
The man appeared from the bank mascot's costume, grabbed a microphone and then got down on one knee.
As he began to speak to the woman, she paused and grabbed her face in shock.
Then, as the crowd expected the man to pop question, the woman turned away from the man, and sprinted full speed across the basketball court.
After running up a tunnel, she was stopped by a security guard.
There was no indication on the broadcast whether the proposal was legitimate or not.
But the stunt surprised the groaning crowd as a message saying, "She said No!" appeared on the arena's scoreboard.

Link

Man it sucks to be that guy.

OOooooooh I feel soooo sad for him bleeh , pooor fella.

Ouch. Thats gotta suck. She did have a fat ass tho.

Damn, that's horrible. Something you always expect could happen but never does.
Anywho, thenerdguy, where in god's green pastures do you find these articles? I really want to know!

Haha and they put it on the scoreboard :D

Poor guy.

Maybe he is one of those guys in 60 Minutes.. Or maybe he is da Pres ?

CrazyHarij said:
Maybe he is one of those guys in 60 Minutes.. Or maybe he is da Pres ?

Or maybe she was Britney Spears.

"Oh no, not this time!" :D

Oh man... I was at a college hockey game last weekend where a guy proposed (she said yes)...and my friend turned to me while we were clapping for them saying, "What if he just got shot down...imagine how much that'd suck...the crowd would just be stunned." I replied, "Yeah...what if she just stared at him and bolted off the ice."

The crowd doesn't help with the pressure much. As soon as the guy at the game got on one knee...girls went nuts screaming and people started clapping...I can only imagine how awkward that silence would be after the guy gets shot down.

maybe she was just really embarassed? god knows what happened afterwards.

Haaa.. How NOT to propose to a woman, unless of course you want to be humiliated in front of 10,000 people.

Guys, just stick with the romantic candle light dinner.

In my case I'll probably have to ply her with copious alchohol and subliminal messages.

...oh for love.

Lord blackadder talks just like Lord Black adder with the . big silly words

hmmm... another interesting nerd guy newsflash. he reads the news so we dont have to !!! ;)
wow... thats really not cool for that guy. oh well, :)

Woah, that must have sucked, anyone know if that game was televised? :p

i think she never envisioned being proposed to in this manner. she probably wanted something romantic... and not... such a huge public thing. but who knows.

Back