There is MP in Half-Life2! Just no maps yet!

OK i'm redoing a server just for the hell of it.
as before, "connect 82.224.171.59:27015" !

What a crappy looking DM map/mode. Me go back to single player now.

68.3.126.75 is running single player maps, but i might try to connect to the above post, if no one joins or it crash's

i loaded raven :)

nagual678 said:
OK i'm redoing a server just for the hell of it.
as before, "connect 82.224.171.59:27015" !

argh, it crashed. redoing the same but with the other map in the pack that has been pointed out in this thread.

Wierd as hell as you say - grey men shooting bricks and barrels at each other via grav gun!- Heheee :D

Lots of work to bedone there I think valve?

Any other maps yet?

omg this was SO MUCH fun, i'm not kidding this game is begging on its knees for old school DM.

the moment i pwned two guys with the RPG from above was delicious.
also, when we were all five down in the pool was the best.moment.ever.

For those of you who remain unitiated - BEHOLD! The sort-of-invincible gray weapon-crotch men! :D

Which reminds me... anyone adventurous enough to try this with HLS?

Attachments

• hl2mp20008.jpg
    hl2mp20008.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 463
  • hl2mp20004.jpg
    hl2mp20004.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 448
darn, i crashed but i'm restarting a server right now
see you right now

Do we think this means a "surprise" update soon via Valve?

At the end of the day all they need to do is modify some of the single player missions for multi = physics DM mayhem :rolling:

i can't believe i've been playing HOURS on this sexy piece of pre-pre-pre-alpha !
sorry guys but i'm not restarting the server now.

i'm actually gonna TRY to map something decent.. try to see if i can patch and fix here and there.

it's been some time i havent had this much fun though. and i've been pleasantly surprised with the lack of lag you would expect with that much prop_physics. until after then, can someone try to get an admin to add a "half life 2 secret alpha multiplayer" forum here ? i'm sure we can come up with something.

see you soon, anonymous grey men of the gun weilding crotch.

Cheers nagual - made my evening!

NOW - common VALVE, release the update for MP! You know the DM would be the best ever!

Wait, you fool! Use not the prop_physics! You must make your entities prop_physics_multiplayer! :p

Edit: There's no MP stuff in the HL2 fgd. Unless you code your own, I think we'll be waiting for the patch.

"smaller and shorter projects" to begin with "to avoid burnout"

they are definatly making a multiplayer ...trust me.

What was that about master server??? If you do it right it adds you to master server?? How do we view the Master Server list?

Baal said:
So..do single player maps work?!
No. Why would they?

Weedums said:
What was that about master server??? If you do it right it adds you to master server?? How do we view the Master Server list?
There's no server browser.

anyone have thier server up...i got it to work but i wanna see if it works on a sever

If someone makes a decent DM MP map we should be able to load it without a problem right? What directory do you put it in?

Anable said:
If someone makes a decent DM MP map we should be able to load it without a problem right? What directory do you put it in?
...\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life 2\hl2\maps

You can't make an actual DM map yet, there's no fgd for it.

server up in a few minutes.Dont crash it or it will become password protected.I have played SP maps dont know if u guys can spawn in them. :) 69.166.69.149

lol.. sweet. Never thought throwing stuff at grey globs would be so much fun.

i changed the map so we can fight.

Server Crash,starting again

Was really funny Gelob :D maybe a bit laggy but ... i played hl² mp :p

ps : there is a serverbrowser.dll in the bin directory of hl² :cheers:

yeah,ive seen that.working on getting talk to work.Found the original talk.wav that the game needs.Now where 2 put it.

Gelob said:
yeah,ive seen that.working on getting talk to work.Found the original talk.wav that the game needs.Now where 2 put it.
Should say in the console error message. But I wouldn't think that's the problem - if it's missing a sound, the game reverts to default.wav with no trouble. I think the chat code just hasn't been implimented yet.

But that'd still be pretty cool if it worked. :)

Sean said:
Should say in the console error message. But I wouldn't think that's the problem - if it's missing a sound, the game reverts to default.wav with no trouble. I think the chat code just hasn't been implimented yet.

But that'd still be pretty cool if it worked. :)

yeah it says common/talk.wav is missing blah blah blah.

If you use the command to speak or type it gets that error message 2.Thing is there is no common folder.BUT the talk.wav is in one of the .gcf (dont remember which) which is in a common folder.I have extracted this file but hence dont know where to put it.

Maybe your right,but then why would it be looking for it.

pretty retarted
got killed once but nothing really happend afterwards

Fun while it lasted :D

Half-Life crashed so I had to restart, that was enough anyway.

Works funny as stuff tho. Going to post some movies later.

Gelob: It should go in the same directory in the hl2 folder as it was in the gcf, at least, if they work the same way paks do. If the directories don't exist, create 'em. :)

Back