They Hunger: Lost Souls New Info

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
Most of you have heard of the fledgling developer Black Widow Games, because they announced a standalone 3rd party game called They Hunger: Lost Souls to be released on Steam in the future. The game is the successor to a popular Half-Life modification of the same name, but this time, it's commercial, and looking the part. BWG says on their website that they are "very close to release".[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
The game is now very close to release. From our previous screenshots, you can see the biggest issue we had was the lack of proper zombies. We were using "placeholder" models as temporary replacements for zombies during most of the development process, so we could continue working on other areas while we didn't have enough people to model and animate new zombies. But in the last few months we were able to focus on the game pending issues, especially additional models and animations. You can see the difference in these latest images.
[br]
Our work is concentrated now on game improvements overall. There isn't much left to do, but the game still needs lots of small details and tweaks that are very time consuming. We understand our fans are anxious to play it, but after about 2 years of development, it doesn't make sense to rush its release now and sacrifice quality, when the game is so close to be finished. We still don't have an official release date, but we can say it will be "very soon".

Head over to the Black Widow Games website for more information on this low-profile title.

Sweet.

In the second shot, I almost thought the gun was in the zombies mouth. D:

Great they finally got around to making their own zombie models... sweet

Love the guy missing his jaw... gore

The original They Hunger trilogy was the best single-player mod ever IMO.

I can't wait for this.

I agree. Also USS Darkstar was one of the best mods to HL
I was so scared in the beginning of the first They Hunger, I don't want to imagine how much I will crap my pants when playing Lost Souls...

I'd let that zombie eat my intestines any day :naughty:

Holy hell, those screens look awesome! In fact Im going to go replay they hunger 1 and 2 right now.

I'll almost certainly part with my cash for this. Even if it turns out to be OK, the original trilogy (?) gave me a good few hours freeplay, so it should even out.

Hated the original (of course I didn't play it till earlier this year). Maybe this one will be better.

I'm pretty sure this is going to be the best Source based single player game.

They did a great job with the first trilogy. I never actually beat the final boss. Ran out of ammo. :/ er.. is that how you do it? just shoot at him?

This looks really good. :)

They did a great job with the first trilogy. I never actually beat the final boss. Ran out of ammo. :/ er.. is that how you do it? just shoot at him?

This looks really good. :)

it was nearly impossible. you needed like 10 headshots to beat him.

anyway most players cheated to finish the game. I noclipped and killed him with the crowbar.

Back