Thinking of getting a PS3, speak me some games

Reginald

Reaction score
I'm really annoyed I miss out on Uncharted 2 owning only a 360 and a Wii so I've been toying with the idea of buying a PS3 now they are quite cheap.

There are a few other games that interest me such as Heavy Rain, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Flower and InFamous that catch my fancy as well.

But, taking into account only exclusive games, is it worth an investment in terms of back catalogue and upcoming games? Convince me people.

I bought a PS3 a while back and I've gotten Demon's souls, both uncharted games, and thats all. :/

Valkyria Chronicles is an excellent strategy game. Last Guardian and God of War 3 will likely be the two games to rule them all on the PS3. As far as exclusives go, I don't see anything else on the way that could possibly trump them this year.

DEMON'S SOULS

But if you can't handle a manly game, don't bother.

Agreed. After years of playing games that hold your hand from start to finish it's easy to forget how tense and satisfying and air pumpingly good they can be. Demon's Souls will remind you. Either that or force you to microwave the disk!

Uncharted 2 is a no brainer and Flower - downloadable PSN game - is a must. MGS4 and Little Big Planet are also both well worth checking out.

where the **** is darkside when you need him

Demon's Souls makes owning a PS3 worthwhile. It was easily the overall GOTY of all platforms, but lost the usual popularity contest to the shiny and safe rehashes.

where the **** is darkside when you need him

Games? PS3 has no gaemz!

Exclusives only I assume:

Uncharted 1 and 2
LittleBigPlanet
Demon's Souls
Flower
God of war collection
MGS4 (if you like mgs obviously otherwise skip)
Resistance 1 and 2 and killzone 2 (if you like FPS obviously otherwise skip)

To look forward to:
Agent
heavy rain
god of war 3
last guardian
Killzone 3 / Resistance 3 / Infamous 2? (rumoured to be coming soon)

EDIT: If you are a racing fan then GT5 is a must

Exclusives only I assume:

Uncharted 1 and 2
LittleBigPlanet
Demon's Souls
Flower
God of war collection
MGS4 (if you like mgs obviously otherwise skip)
Resistance 1 and 2 and killzone 2 (if you like FPS obviously otherwise skip)

To look forward to:
Agent
heavy rain
god of war 3
last guardian
Killzone 3 / Resistance 3 / Infamous 2? (rumoured to be coming soon)

This basically. Demon's Souls is a definite, but you have been warned. Add to that list:

-Ratchet and Clanks
-MAG
-Gran Turismo 5
-Valkyria Chronicles is a much praised JRPG that I have yet to try
-Final Fantasy 13
-ModNation Racers
-YAKUZA MOTHER ****ING 3

And many of the good multiplatform games to look forward to like Red Dead Redemption, Super Street Fighter 4,

Anyone else thinking that last pic is about darkside? o_O

I would recommend skipping Resistance 1 and instead buy some Pixeljunk games.

Demons Souls, Pixel Junk Monsters, MGS4, Resistance games are fun, Killzone 2 is a rental game and there are a few other downloads worth getting.

Not that I know of, though I haven't really checked the english speaking market, since I watched it as a kid I have only been on the lookout for the norwegian dub version.

The only PS3 game I'm interested in is Yakuza 3, but that's not exclusive.

grand theft auto 4 and Burnout Paradise.

Xbox Live isn't free for online multiplayer. Then I prefer PC. =/

Where the hell do you come up with this stuff, darkside?

He gets it from 4chan.

Darkside, don't make me get that screencap where you said the PS3 is a worthwhile console with good exclusives.

..Valkyria Chronicles, Folklore, Demon's Souls, MGS4.

Word of advice. Do not get resistance 1, I can't even remember when was the last time I played a game that was this crappy. Haven't tried the second one yet, but I wish it will be better.

I recommend metal gear solid 4. Maybe killzone 2. Its ok. If you buy COD for the single player then buy this because it's way better. That is all. I really don't see the point in owning a PS3 AND a 360 anyway. The only PS3 exclusive I have that I actually like is Metal gear solid 4. The only xbox 360 game that is not on the PS3 which I want is splinter cell conviction and that's on PC anyway. I would not buy another console just for a certain game and hope that there is something else worthwhile.

Word of advice. Do not get resistance 1, I can't even remember when was the last time I played a game that was this crappy.
WORD. People actually enjoy that garbage. It makes me sick.

I played Resistance 1 somewhere. I can't remember where it was because I think I fell into a coma.

Oh shit, really? I thought it was coming out for the 360 as well.

Well, I feel a little better. If it's not worth bringing to other platforms, it must not be very good. I thought I'd be missing something good here.

The previous and upcoming exclusives for the PS3 are pretty darn impressive:

Demon's Souls
Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Little Big Planet
Metal Gear Solid 4
Ratchet & Clank: ToD
Ratchet & Clank: CiT
Heavy Rain
The Last Guardian
Gran Turismo 5
White Knight Chronicles
God of War 3
Yakuza 3
Agent
Final Fantasy Versus 13
Boku no Natsuyasumi 3
(My Summer Vacation 3)
3D Dot Game Heroes (releasing in US in May)

Enjoy your new purchase!!

Oh shit, really? I thought it was coming out for the 360 as well.

Well, I feel a little better. If it's not worth bringing to other platforms, it must not be very good. I thought I'd be missing something good here.

Yes, because we all know being a 3rd party exclusive is equivalent to having the kiss of death...

Back