This is an outrage!

Mech Man

Reaction score
That dude who does the x-box 360 news announcement things named a news announcement for some crappy Halo thing "the cake was a lie" i mean what the hell does that have to do with halo?! :angry:

Well, when the UNSC were recruiting for the Spartan Project the volunteers were told that they would get cake...
The rest is history!

There's no way it'll catch on as much as the Portal meme...
I honestly don't know what he could hope to accomplish in doing this.

There's no way it'll catch on as much as the Portal meme...
I honestly don't know what he could hope to accomplish in doing this.

Niether can I , all they are doing is stealing another games "thang". Whats worse is if all the halo kiddies who have not played portal see this , they will start thinking halo came up with it... And all hell will break loose , imagine 50000 high pitched voices shouting "teh ceak iz a lye!!!!" over the x-box mike.... *shudders*

To be perfectly honest i have only ever said it once. But , even though its overused there are still some golden jokes that come out of it , like that "the cake is a spy" pic where the spy is wearing a paper cake on his face.

You guys are all acting like kids.

'omg he sed cake iz a lie!! OMG WUT A DUCH JUTS CUZ HE PLAYZ HALO IT MEENZ HE CATN SAY IT'

Yeh. I saw that too yesterday....:angry:

It is an outrage!!!!D:

I'm pretty sure any informed gamer knows where TCIAL came from. And I mean, how many uninformed gamers listen to this kind of shit, anyway?

It's not even a particularly good meme, unless accompanied by some awesome pic.

I'm pretty sure any informed gamer knows where TCIAL came from. And I mean, how many uninformed gamers listen to this kind of shit, anyway?

Please, please remember both who is listening and what they are listening for.

You have your answer.

Offtopic but cool - Go on the Aperture Science Website, type LOGIN, CJOHNSON, TIER3, then it will come up with 'ADMIN' type Valve. It takes you back to the front page of the site before throwing you to Steampowered.com :D

Dunno If this has been found before. I was just messing around and I found it :D

TCIAL is the stupidest meme ever made.

It's not even funny.

I was forced to bake a cake once at school, and due to the shitty ingredients and incompetent teacher, it was destroyed in the process. Someone asked me what happened to my cake. I told them the cake was a lie.

MY POINT BEING I TRY TO ONLY USE THE LINE WHEN IT'S RELEVANT.

This. Last time I checked the image dump, there must have been at least five pathetic Portal meme based pics. I mean, some people do make cool stuff, like the Companion Cube PC case, but mostly people just put a Portal cake next to a caption and expect epic lulz.

Back