This is what i think Valve needs to do(releasedate-leak)

BigD

Reaction score
I realize i am probably going to get flamed for this but i just have to say this.

I feel deeply sorry for valve, they did not deserve this and this must be hell for them. Eventhough it probably could have been prevented by simple messaures such as keeping their comps with source code and the like OFF the external connection let alone the INTERNET.
However, you cant blame them for that, they didnt deserve this.

However, I think given the situation, that the best thing they can really do is to try and get HL2 out the door as soon as possible.
Now im not saying this cause im impatient Im just saying this would imho be a very good idea.

The fans who are loyal and wait and wait and waited for this game for so long shoulddnt have to wait longer because of criminals who go in and steal what isnt theirs.
This would also give us the same chance to start modding and the like, as the hackers who stole this.
Also, this would greatly decrease the demand for the source code and sloppy made betas or private mods for the game.

I realize the source code is stolen and that that is a huge deal to Valve and its fans. People will be able to change it and take advantage of it for sure.
Valve will need to make some changes to it for sure, security wise aka cd key and things like that.

This should be made quickly, just the most urgent things and then they should try and get this sucker out the door:)

Then they would need to patch and uptade the code itself after release, probably mostly the multiplayer part.
This could be done in patches.

I think this is very sad and sickening, but I think its time for Valve to try and cut their losses, the code is out, theres nothing they or anyone can do about it, its on so many hds now its not even funny.

By releasing as soon as possible, they will at least lessen the distribution of the code and the "betas".

Half-life 2 will be a godly game, and we fans whos been waiting for 5 years, patiently really want to get a chance to play it as soon as we can.
I actually went to the store and was going to pick up my copy on the 30th and just got a oh its delayed until god knows when.

I can live with that, but now after all this crap, I think it would be best for everyone, to just get the game out the door as soon as you can and there for remove the thieving hackers ace up their sleave.

I am not a little kid saying release this game TODAY, no i can wait i could wait til 2004 personally but most people couldnt.

I am saying if they could get it out the door, oh lets say mid november?
That is what i am hoping for, i despise the people who did this and well if the game is out, then they got nothing:)

Just my thoughts on the matter, long but sue me!

Cheers:)

I personally think they should delay it and do some major code rewrites. One thing I was looking forward to with HL-2 was cheat free gaming, or at least a game that was hopefully hard to create cheats for. Now that's all out the window.

Originally posted by $pazmatazz
I personally think they should delay it and do some major code rewrites. One thing I was looking forward to with HL-2 was cheat free gaming, or at least a game that was hopefully hard to create cheats for. Now that's all out the window.

Here comes wall hack!

agreed BigD. im sure if they wanted to they can have it out the door but they still want a holiday release :\

There is no way HL2 would've been a "cheat free" game, regardless of the leak.

Originally posted by Hyped
There is no way HL2 would've been a "cheat free" game, regardless of the leak.

exactly, they always find ways, always!!

if you want cheat free gaming......oh what am I saying your screwed NOONE gets to play Halflife2 as it should be....GAME OVER

lol release date leak that would be nice.

and yea there is absolutely no way to have a cheat free enviroment its just a matter of time but steam and punkbuster can help complicate things

My thoughts exactly. I think they could probably get it out mid november. But then again, Im not there and dont know what they have to do or are planning now. Anyway, I agree. Peace.

Can I just say something? there would have been cheats for HL2 anyway so it's not like it's an issue. Cheats were expected. I'm pretty sure some of you on these boards cheat actively and are looking forward to the first wallhack for HL2.

i 2nd that not me cheating but there will be cheats any way

at least get the SP out. that experience will be untainted. MP is bound to have cheats anyway unless steam can perform some miracles

I realise there would have been cheats one way or another, it's just that now with the source floating around, cheats will be much more common than if the source hadn't been leaked.

Why is that? it's not as if it will change the proportions of players who cheat and casual players; sure there will be more cheats available right from the start but that doesn't mean more people will download them. It will be the same guys who cheat in CS or DoD right now and that's about one player for every 30 other.

we all no that hl2 will not make it this year even if valve wanted to steam is a huge problem rite now and its to much risk. im goin to accept this, hell there r other games like max panye 2 n call of duty.

If you're so concerned about cheating, play on a lan, or with a group of trusted friends. On our MOH server, we don't run any anti-cheat programs, and we don't get any cheaters, because we promptly ban them... but only after a rigorous discussion on whether their cheating or not. A skilled player can beat a cheating bastard any time. I think the only people who cheat are kids... or losers... people who never got picked for the team in sports... and they think getting a high score makes their schlongs bigger... they don't understand sportsmanship or fun. And people like the Myfags think making people mad is fun somehow. Heck, I make people mad just by killin em, I don't have to cheat like a sissy. These kids need to get jobs and girlfriends... something to occupy their time.

Back