While reading thru the forums, a question popped into my head about the
secrecy behind HL2.

Did you guys have any "close calls" where something was accidentally
leaked or came close to being leaked? And if there was something, how
did you cover it up and make it look "innocent?"

Thanks for your time
from 2 of your most dedicated fans
DocRock & babykitkat
(ps. we met playing Half-Life and are now married )

Not really. Occasionally an executive at one of our partners would say
Half-Life 2 in an investor meeting, but that was about it.

This was dated sometime in early August. ;( ;(

I want to go back to that time of innocent HL2 talk and speculation, it has turned into 'Valve was lying yes/no' talk :(

I never said they were lying. I just noted that they were so close to getting hacked and they didn' know it? Maybe that guy who emailed him hacked Valve. Yeah, he just wanted to know so he can do it and get all the glory! j/k

ray_MAN said:
I never said they were lying. I just noted that they were so close to getting hacked and they didn' know it? Maybe that guy who emailed him hacked Valve. Yeah, he just wanted to know so he can do it and get all the glory! j/k

LOL, I didn't wanted to accuse you of anything :p
Jut said I'd like to go back to that time where all worries about Valve and the game('s release date) were innocent.

But now we know it wasn't! IT WAS BETRAYEL!!! (Screams!)

Oh, and did you hear of the new release date? :rolling:

Farcry beta emails are being given out... hl2 is falling into shadow..

No no no. VALVe wont just let their number 1 game just slip off its hands. You'll see. All this time that has passed hasn't just passed putting the multiplayer in. Something is gonna happen. Something, kind of BIG.

wouldn't it be nice if HL2 was anounced as going gold tomorrow.

It would be nice, except it's not gonna happend.

get your hopes up people!!!
Anyone of us can die tomorrow and never see HL2 !!
So it´s best to (quote Tyler Durden): «Let it Go»

ah yes, the good old days. when hl2 was still supposed to come out sept 30....maybe!

Cheetarah654 said:
ah yes, the good old days. when hl2 was still supposed to come out sept 30....maybe!

ah yes those were the good ol'e days. :cheers:

*sigh* Man...

Well look on the bright side! It's the end of December! That leaves 3 months! September was 3 months ago too! We're half-way there.

Valve should release a hold-over game: "Half-way to the release date"

I'd play it!
:)

Maybe someone should create a MOD using source for a game like that... I would do it.

Picture this:

A Best-Buy in the background, surrounded by police cars and police tape with a bunch of cops behind it, trying to stave off the thousands of people who are trying to get in the store. Your mission: Get that last copy of HL2 MP before someone else. You have 10 minutes.

Holy Crap...

Guys, I just realized something. They never meant Sept. 30 2003... they meant 2004 the whole time! Or, maybe not, but it's a good excuse if they decide they want to use it :)

LOL! No soup for you! Sorry. I just had to. I saw my chance.

Back