This 'move objects and place objects' gun.

drhansson said:
you could weld things together with the physgun. THAT was the cool thing with it. Also that you could choose where to locate the beam to pick stuff up... like pick the combine up by one foot... the manipulator seems to only pick up stuff in one way.

ok...thx for the Xplaination
:D

Chris_D said:
The manipulator is a lot more useful.

What's scarier:

"Ooh, there's a scientist with a big orange suit on running at me with a device which is holding a barrel."

or

"Ooh, there's a scientist with a big orange suit on running at me with a device that has the ability to propel the explosive barrel it's holding at me with such force the barrel would explode on impact with my face and I'd die"

Personally I shat myself after "Ooh, there's a scientist with a big orange suit on".
But the physgun can move ragdolls! Far more fun!

KingPing_NOR said:
I think the manip controls are like:

click LMB and hold = pick up
RMB = shoot/throw
Let go of LMB before shoting = drop the object
Nah, because it would get annoying to keep holding the button. And when shooting it, you would still have the left mouse button pressed, and.. it just get's sketchy. In the magazines, it says that you just press the button on the object to pick it up. RMB to throw, LMB to drop. And you can use RMB to fire an object without picking it up.

Although, with the new manipulator, as we have seen in the videos, can "pull" objects closer before picking it up. That's cool. Done by I guess holding in the LMB, and then letting go once the object is in your grasp.

yadalogo said:
Whats the difference between the two??

The Manipulator picks things straight up and fires (but u can drop things with it, and can only pick up one object at a time(I think)

The Physgun in the E32K3 vid just picks things up and and can pick up 1 or more things but you cant fire objects with it.

KurtCobain said:
The Manipulator picks things straight up and fires (but u can drop things with it, and can only pick up one object at a time(I think)

The Physgun in the E32K3 vid just picks things up and and can pick up 1 or more things but you cant fire objects with it.
What gave you the idea that the Physgun can pick up more that one object?

How would that work even if it were true...

click LMB and hold = pick up
RMB = shoot/throw
Let go of LMB before shoting = drop the object

No the manipulator would be

click Left Mouse button = throw object
click right mouse button = pick up object/drop object
you don't have to hold down the button

FoB_Ed said:
No the manipulator would be

click Left Mouse button = throw object
click right mouse button = pick up object/drop object
you don't have to hold down the button
Or just flat out say the truth, that works too.
:rolleyes:

bothered... some one'll mod twenty versions in within the week ;)

Im sure i read somewhere that the Pyshgun could pick up more than 1 thing , if the objects are next to each other. I would look for where it was and giv u the link but i realy cant be arsed

everyone shut the hell up. like andy said, there will be a hundred psygun mods within a couple weeks of hl2's release, and possibly even before. so everyone shutup. was 4 pages really necessary to argue over what mouse button combination they use in a game that isn't out yet? mouse combinations for *&%# sakes! losers! everyone shut the hell up!!!

And this is another. *Closed*

MAN! If only I were a mod! That would have been funny..

I think it'd be cool if you could move things further away from you or bring them closer with the mouse wheel!!

ugmo said:
I think it'd be cool if you could move things further away from you or bring them closer with the mouse wheel!!
Wow! How creative of you! Where EVER did you get that idea!?!

:|

Welcome to the forums. :- )

iamaelephant said:
I'm actually pretty sure Brian Damage is right Chris D, I have never seen an email that states the phys gun makes it into the game. I suppose we will have to wait and see, because I can't imagine anyone could be bothered going through that entire thread looking for an email that could or could not be there. ;)

I could, and I've tried to find it before.

Chris_D, I'd appreciate it if you could have a go at finding it yourself, because I tried a couple of times, but somewhere between pages 20 and 30 my vision went all blurry...

Back