Ti4600 performance question

ilove64

Reaction score
I've seen the benchmarks and how the Ti4600 got around 45 FPS. However, I don't know how big the resolution was nor do I know if AA was on? Care to enlighten? Do I really need to upgrade (I can live without some effects like all that purdy lighting for now)?

Most of the benchies was 10x7, no AA/AF I beleive.

TI 4600s are still very good cards. Save the extra cash and invest into a 10,000 RPM hard drive instead of upgrading the graphics card, that way load times are reduced for a better gaming experience!

Originally posted by ilove64
I've seen the benchmarks and how the Ti4600 got around 45 FPS. However, I don't know how big the resolution was nor do I know if AA was on? Care to enlighten? Do I really need to upgrade (I can live without some effects like all that purdy lighting for now)?

I was wondering the same thing as you (as I also have a Ti4600, which I plan on using for the game) and I figured out the benchmarks were at 1024x768, no AA or AF.

TI 4600 is a great DX8 card. Most GeForce Ti's are (except maybe the 64mb 4200's for HL2 anyway).
Yah 1024x7 res 32bit color. Standard stuff.

mod should phase this to Hardware.

But yes, the Ti have frequently outperformed the FX's and held their own against the Radeon's. Very worthy cards indeed.

ti 4200 128 mb :( but soon to be a 9600 xt :D

Where are you all seeing these benchmarks for 45fps in HL2 for the Ti 4600?

Gamer's Depot had the benchmarks.

Is 45 fps good? I mean, is AA that necessary in HL2? If so, I am guessing my card would only chug at 30 FPS or less.

so a ti 4200 128ram is no good =*(?

what fps u guys think it will have =)?

hey, i think i will be quite happy with this game since im gettin a full system upgrade; 9600xt for me :D

./sent0in

I have a Ti4200 also. It should get around 30fps in 800x640 32bit color with details on high.
If I somehow get the money I will get a Radeon 9700Pro (which in a short time they will be around $240, a better deal than a 9600XT)

The 45 FPS...is that 1024x768 with high detail but with no AA and AF?

Originally posted by sent0in
hey, i think i will be quite happy with this game since im gettin a full system upgrade; 9600xt for me :D

./sent0in

9600XT would be a good idea, especially for GF4Ti owners, I mean you get full DX9 precision! :D

not looking good for my 5200. im going to shoot myself for getting this shit card. all well gonna buy an ati 9800 anyways. just gotz to get the money.

I just got my radeon 9700 PRO today. I am playing unreal 2 at 1600x1200 with all the graphics settings maxed and the system did not stutter once. :)

Hey DrEvil, does it stutter when certain sound clips are played? Unreal II is known for that, I had the damn problem myself, not too bad, hardly noticeable.

Originally posted by nsxownzme
9600XT would be a good idea, especially for GF4Ti owners, I mean you get full DX9 precision! :D

you ah...you work for ATI don't you.

lol

we'll see what i'll go with the 9600xt sounds awfully tempting but if the 9700 pro comes down in price and shows a fairly large performance boost from a 9600xt then i'll have to go that way

the answer is no, I wouldnt upgrade unless you have some extra cash lieing around, it should run HL 2 just fine. and no AA is not a huge deal just some people don't like seeing jaggies. i leave it at 2x but i put anistropic filtering all the way up...makes games look so much better

Originally posted by zdub
the answer is yes, I would upgrade to a 9600XT and save some extra cash, it should run HL 2 just fine. and no AA is not a huge deal just some people don't like seeing jaggies. i leave it at 2x but i put anistropic filtering all the way up...makes games look so much better

dont forget about CPU. you will still get low fps if you dont have a comparable cpu.

and remember that benchmark was on a 3.0ghz cpu. which is kind of sad. oh well

Originally posted by poseyjmac
and remember that benchmark was on a 3.0ghz cpu. which is kind of sad. oh well

True but looking at the fps with the high end cards were getting the CPU was sitting around smoking a joint with the lower end cards.

Originally posted by nsxownzme
Oh, yeah. I sure as hell am gonna buy me one of those 9600 XT's :cheers:

I've got a XP2200, 512 DDR RAM and a Geforce3Ti500 and I believe this will run just fine for me too.

I'm not prepared to upgrade at the moment so it'll just HAVE to suffice!

What you guys think?

Well my comp is a 2.4 Ghz, 512 mb RDRAM, with a GeForce4 Ti4600 128 mb ram.

Ever since I've heard ATI's claim that the 9600XT will outperform a 9700 Pro for only $200 bucks, I've become interested in it as well. However judging from its specs it really doesn't seem that much of an upgrade from a 9600Pro which does support dx9 very well, but it really isn't a speed increase from a Geforce 4 TI4400/4600. I'm definetly gonna wait for the benchmarks before I decide to make a spontaneous purchase. But hell since HL2 is delayed until atleast 04/03 I might as well go for a 9800 Pro since they should be pretty cheap by then.

:cheers:

see my stats below... think ill get 30fps or better on, 1280x1024 res? because i need that res due to my LCD monitor

I don't doubt you could get at least 30 fps with that rig. How comparable is 45 fps to 60 fps?

Back