Timelapse of a drawing I made.

still managed to save it though ; D

-dodo

Wow, that was amazing!

I am very jealous of your talents! Bravo!

That was really cool to watch. What version of PS was that. o_0 Did you use a tablet? How long have you been using PS?

Thanks for sharing the video. Very impressive.

Im using a wacom and photoshop 8, took me about 3 hours to make.
Ive been using photoshop for ages... cant remember the first time i used it.
More to come! : )

-dodo

PS: this is post #2000, i now officially wont sign my posts ever again!

did you use a tablet or mouse?

Also, you can always put -dodo in your sig! duh!

Virus, i use a wacom pen... and check my new sig : )... guess its time for a new profile pic aswell.
And Dinnesch, it really all comes down to practice.

...my post feels incomplete without the -dodo :sleep:

edit: omg omg, just realized it says -dodo twice in everysingle one of my precious 2000 posts on this site. Cant let that happen, im thinking of going naked, without signature, from now on. bam. In other news, im drunk.

Cool video and impressive skills. Are you self-taught, ie. did you attend any classes or just read tutorials and practice?

Epic video, you're a great artist.

I'll miss your signature -dodo, you and Angry Lawyer have always been the only two people I felt it was natural for to sign like that.

That was brilliant! You have a great sense for light direction...and everything else! The ending was very unfortunate. :(

Do you have a website for your art?

That was excellent. I'm always envious of people who can work well with colour. I think I'm just too impatient.
Great work.

Thanks guys :p
I dont have a website yet, it will come, i just dont know when.. gonna see if I van make another timelapse before i leave to Japan.

That is freaking awesome. I always used illustrator but you inspired me to look in to getting a pen tablet. Which model are you using?

At work I have a wacom "Intuos 3 Graphics Tablet" A5. At home ive got a broader intuos 3 A5 (6x11") so it fits my 10:16 screen aspect ratio)

Cool, thanks. But this sucks, I was going to buy a PS3 or a 360; I might now have to get one of these instead. Will probably get used a lot more.

Hey man, yeah looks good!
The buttons on the side aren't important at all (ive even disabled mine). It also looks like its an A6, which is the format that i used for atleast 5 years before switching to A5. You should get used to it pretty quickly.
Impulsive buying ftw.

Cool, thanks for the inspiration. Once I get it if you don't mind I might hit you up for some advice if I have issues, never used one of these before; I'm stoked about it.

yeah no problem dude.
I'll PM you my contact info.

Dodo, if you're looking for an easy way to set up a portfolio, just get a blog at Wordpress.com. They're pretty flexible in design and they can easily function as portfolios/resumes for artists.

As previously asked, have you attended art classes in the past or currently? or just practiced?

That's an amazing ( and funny) picture, I'm glad you were able to save it :)

Thanks guys,
As previously asked, have you attended art classes in the past or currently? or just practiced?
That's an amazing ( and funny) picture, I'm glad you were able to save it :)
Well, i have practiced drawing since i was a kid... and i have attended art classes too, but found that art classes don't really teach you anything, but give you the opportunity to practice. You can learn all the color theories and all the different approaches to perspective you want, but it wont make you any better without practicing. tl;dr
Im learning by practicing.
Dodo, if you're looking for an easy way to set up a portfolio, just get a blog at Wordpress.com. They're pretty flexible in design and they can easily function as portfolios/resumes for artists.
Yeah, ive looked into this, looks good, might give it a try... :)

Awesome, you're an inspiration :)

P.S: more!

Cool! :p
I did a timelapse self portrait yesterday. Weird stuff, drawing your self feels quite strange... but it worked out! Dont know if I should upload it or not. There's more stuff coming soon!

I want adobe premiere before uploading more. Also, i want to shoot the MS developers who made Movie Maker, horrible piece of shit keeps effin up my aspect ratio causing my head to look silly.

Entertaining image and vid, odd way to paint though... never seen the underpainting done before the drawing stage. The result: strange proportions. Strange image angle too, rotating 45 degrees cw would work better - but then you were probably going to do that anyway before Adobe shat on your work...

If you are going for a cartoony style, try doing line work first and keeping it on a locked top layer so you don't paint over it, then block in colour on a layer underneath it.

And get into the habit of saving often ;)

Woah! Now that's some talent there dude. Keep on doing your thing. You sure have a lot of potential as an artist.

My tablet came in, thing is awesome. I only got to play with it for a few minutes since I'm at work but it will take a while for me to get used to it. Feels a bit odd right now.

Yes. A tablet takes some time to get used to. I got the hang of it after a few days or so. Keep at it mr. Limit.

First work done on a tablet. Kind of rushed so the shading is a bit off but I think its pretty decent for a first try. I'm kicking myself for not buying this earlier. Still gotta figure out how to make the pressure sensative functions work, haven't had much time to look in to it.

Attachments

• bond_secondary.gif
    bond_secondary.gif
    38.2 KB · Views: 221
He looks like Billy Zane. Still, not a bad first attempt. Pressure and tilt settings are in the Wacom software - plus you need to enable them in PS when you set up new brushes.

Back