lol, can i ask a question?
johnc_home says:
you just did
tokin says:
ahh stop messing with me
tokin says:
ok ok
tokin says:
when are we going to hear something about TF2? You are working on that project correct?
johnc_home says:
we're not talking about that right now, it's all about hl2
tokin says:
is hl2 delayed at the moment?
johnc_home says:
sept. 30th
tokin says:
awesome
tokin says:
well keep up the good work, and im sure TF2 is going to be unbelieveable

tokin says:
johnc_home says:
sept. 30th

hmmmz? :dozey:

No criticism on you or anything, but they are still keeping tight wraps on these things. This just tells us what we already know. Valve is gunning on getting HL2 done by Sept. 30 (notice the !done!, nothing about the release) and refuses to talk about TF2.

i know i know,john_c is John Cook a worker at valve. He is working on TF2.

John Cook - Online Development Manager
Formerly of Team Fortress software, John manages online platform development for Team Fortress 2 and other projects. Before that, John studied computer science at RMIT in Australia. John is apparently still suffering jetlag from the move to Seattle, as he doesn't seem to be able to make it in to work until past noon.

Wow hes still suffering from jetlag after 5 years?

So this is legitimate, no lies, no fibbing, no bs?

Originally posted by tokin

John Cook - Online Development Manager
Formerly of Team Fortress software, John manages online platform development for Team Fortress 2 and other projects. Before that, John studied computer science at RMIT in Australia. John is apparently still suffering jetlag from the move to Seattle, as he doesn't seem to be able to make it in to work until past noon.

He has another nick johnc_home? Oh well I believe you anyway.

Yeah, its weird, i forgot how i got that name lol, but he never talks to me on johnc, only when he is home, sometimes he plays cs, lol.

Yeah, its weird, i forgot how i got that name lol, but he never talks to me on johnc, only when he is home, sometimes he plays cs, lol.

Hehe, I talked to johnc a few times. I didn't find out anything interesting, so don't ask. :)

john c is just a lovely man i guess. Or doesn't realize gabe has been saying no comment, maybe he isn't very popular at work and no one talks to him much, he might be alittle behind. lol im kidding.

tokin says: is hl2 delayed at the moment?

johnc_home says: sept. 30th
Very interesting. I really wish I knew what the hell was going on at Valve. Vivendi says it's delayed, Gabe expresses ignorance, Vivendi retracts the statement, Gabe says no comment, now this guy in an informal chat says that it's still on for September 30. So, are we confused yet?

The only 3 things that could prove a delay are:

- An official press release from Valve
or
- An official press release from Vivendi
or
- 3-4 emails from Gabe confirming the delay(posted by trusted sources)

john c is just a lovely man i guess. Or doesn't realize gabe has been saying no comment, maybe he isn't very popular at work and no one talks to him much, he might be alittle behind. lol im kidding.

Or maybe noone at Valve gives a shit about everyone flipping out about possible delays. I know to most people the release date is the end of the world, but perhaps they are just working on the game and not worried about the online community and their crazy delayed/not delayed fiasco.

Ah, and here I was thinking "why the hell is he asking john carmack about half-life 2??"

;)

You thought of posting this, but didn't include screen captures or anything? That's practically mandatory for the kind of information you're giving out here...

:D

I remember first time i saw the name "JohnC" as well, and i thought "Well i do know that Valve likes Activision, but to have John Carmack working on it, now thats weird".

I do believe John Carmack and Valve has a good relationship though. As rest of the id team and activision.

tokin says:
johnc_home says:
sept. 30th

I'm confused...

Gabe is saying,"No comment" most likely because he has said SEPTEMBER 30th so many times that he is getting angry. Why can't anyone take his word for it.

Originally posted by oldi1knoby
Gabe is saying,"No comment" most likely because he has said SEPTEMBER 30th so many times that he is getting angry. Why can't anyone take his word for it.

That's just wishful thinking. He said it in an interview. He knows that there was a bit of confusion over the release date. If he wanted to stop people asking him, he could've just said "Yes, we are still on track".

Well he has said "still on track" for months now. He is badgered by newbies all sending him E-mail who see the thread where he answered questions. I bet he gets hundreds a day. Gabe might of snapped and all he can say now is "No Comment" or the little green men will delay the game and take AwAy hIs U n i coRn... Ohh craZy iS so FUn!sddfgfgg!

Originally posted by Abom|nation
You thought of posting this, but didn't include screen captures or anything? That's practically mandatory for the kind of information you're giving out here...

Oh come on Abom|nation. First of all johnc didn't say anything out of the ordinary so it's probably not a fake. Second, screen captures can be easily faked in Photoshop anyway, as we all know.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Oh come on Abom|nation. First of all johnc didn't say anything out of the ordinary so it's probably not a fake. Second, screen captures can be easily faked in Photoshop anyway, as we all know.

Nothing out of the ordinary? Not just a few days ago did Gabe Newell answer "No comment" to the question asking if Half-Life 2 is delayed or not. I would really like some proof for this. Photoshopped or not, it's still one-up from just word of mouth, or well.. fingers.

Well at least there is only one johnc_home and so we know that this must be the guy. This could have been easily faked, but I think it's legit.

whatever, i dont lie in my life and i dont make bullshit topics to get attention, this was a real convo with john cook on steam.

Back