Tip for compiling bsp's right to maps folder

W

woodbulb

It's very simple, I found this out myself :)

In Hammer go under tools>options and on the first tab thats up (Game configurations) look down to the very last field where it says Hammer Map directory. Inside there set it to you counter strike source maps directory (for me its C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\[email protected]\Counter strike source\cstrike\maps). Click apply.

Now still under tools>options go to the tab Build Programs and set the last field to the exact same folder as above. (...cstrike\maps). Click ok or apply.

Now when I compiled at this point it said no gameinfo.txt or something like that, so go into your steamapp\youraccountname\sourcesdk (or it might be in youraccountname\sourcesdk\cstrikesamplecontent) and copy the gameinfo.txt. Make sure you have one in the cstrike sample content folder and one in the sourcesdk folder. If not then just paste it in. The last step is to paste that gameinfo.txt into your counter strike source\cstrike folder.

Compile your map, start up source and it should be in the list.

Post any problems or mistakes I may have made (not grammar mistakes lol)

But doesn't it also copy all those other non-essential files into the maps folder as well?

Yeah it does, and I'm not sure how to change that, but atleast now you open your editing maps in there and your bsp maps are there, but there easy to see they got hl2 symbol.

Back