Tip from the Economist (magazine)

kalayq

Reaction score
Here is a post from GameTab

The Economist will likely publish a survey on video games etc in either their june or july issue (coincide with e3? perhaps) and apparently they interviewed Valve given its present prestige as well as its archetypal business model. I intern in the economists office in NYC and overheard a few of our editors on a conference call with Newell - he said TF2 will be a 4th quarter 2005 release but that a demo will be released this year "succeding Half life 2's relase by a few months"

This means that HL2 will be released by september by the latest to give "a few months" of room for TF2 Demo to be released. What do you guys think?

I hear "The Florist" will be holding interviews with Valve's Doug Lombardi sometime around E3, and that they predict he will wear an article of pink clothing.

Wow that's shocking news if it is true...

Halflife2 released in 2004!!! I wouldn't be able to post here for a week, that's how long it would take to recover from the shock... hmmmm... must find some soft pillows to prepare for this unlikely event, when I faint I want to fall on something soft :LOL:

What's next proof that Big Foot exists??? (which reminds me of the deleted scene on the "Bruce Almighty" DVD, where Bruce jumps out of a plane only to have his parachute not open, but miraculously his fall is broken when he lands on a Big Foot - which he films for a major news scoop... :LOL: )

...and for those that think HL2 will come out in 2004:

Take off the tinfoil hats!!! :bounce:

... cmon you know you want to do it!! :thumbs: They're really not that comfortable...

Keeson said:
Wow that's shocking news if it is true...

Halflife2 released in 2004!!! I wouldn't be able to post here for a week, that's how long it would take to recover from the shock... hmmmm... must find some soft pillows to prepare for this unlikely event, when I faint I want to fall on something soft :LOL:

What's next proof that Big Foot exists??? (which reminds me of the deleted scene on the "Bruce Almighty" DVD, where Bruce jumps out of a plane only to have his parachute not open, but miraculously his fall is broken when he lands on a Big Foot - which he films for a major news scoop... :LOL: )

...and for those that think HL2 will come out in 2004:

Take off the tinfoil hats!!! :bounce:

... cmon you know you want to do it!! :thumbs: They're really not that comfortable...
2004 IS the release date. Vivendi's official release schedules say TBC 2004. Valve hinted at Summer 2004 and Gabe recently confirmed we would see it this year :eek:

Brian Damage said:
Gabe's said it's coming out this year, Keeson...

Gabe said the bink videos were coming out tommorrow back in June or July, but it took like a month before we got one... :O

Gabe said Condition Zero has gone gold back in November, but it took almost six months for it to hit retail... :O

I fully expect Valve to pull out all the stops to release HL2 in 2004, so its to be expected that Gabe would say 2004... I'm sure they are all working really hard on it with all that has happened, but really based on past experience with Valve I expect something will come up to derail a 2004 release no matter how hard they try...

That bink thing is a delay of one month. Not more than twelve.

CZ had gone gold back in November, its release was just held back (By Vivendi, I believe). CZ was from a third party anyway, not VALVe.

I reckon we'll get it this year.

I'm sure TF2 will be out 2005 but might drag on to 2006 there sure as hell wont be a demo before the game though.

Back