Tired of Bittorrent? Video Mirror here.

Johan_Tayn

Reaction score
Hey, y'all! I have a dedicated server and I am going to see if I can max it out. I'ma gonna host those E3 videos from last year and this year for free. How about that?

URL: www.third-core.org/download/hl2/videos

btw, I have those new Hi(gher)-Res Bink videos over there, too. And if they're not, just wait.. I'm uploading on cable.. Slightly slow. *watches 44k/sec*

Do you think I will get much traffic?

well, I was last night.. 60k/sec? I can get 380k/sec from real servers!

I've never been over the 30Gb line.. wanna see how long it takes and how much traffic we really can deal with.

My server is a P41.5 and I'm wondering how many clients can it handle? We shall see apparently. :E

What is alyx.zip, half_ife_2_my_movie.zip, and halflife2gsi.zip?

Nice server!

It would be awesome if you could mirror the GS interview with Lombardi.

Varsity said:
What is alyx.zip, half_ife_2_my_movie.zip, and halflife2gsi.zip?

Alyx.zip is probably the old file showing Alyx's expressions.

I think the halflife2gsi.zip is another older movie, possibly of Freeman firing the OICW at a strider, or a compilation of clips from the other movies.

halflife2gsi.zip is the gamespy hl2 e3 2003 video (e.g cam version of the bink videos)

excellent = grabbed coastline vid. unfortunately it crashes at the bit before picking up rpg.

i also noticed. Just as buggy drives up the ramp and crashes into combine: In the sky (top left) there's a plume of smoke like a distant plane?? am i imagining this? Apologies if it's been mentioned b4

kaMIKazE said:
halflife2gsi.zip is the gamespy hl2 e3 2003 video (e.g cam version of the bink videos)
erm 24.4mb? maybe not, but i'm pretty sure that was the filename for it when it was released.

The.Spiral said:
I don't see the Strider movie...

BTW: Thanks, nice idea..!
currently uploading. would have been done last night had I been able or willing to wait for a "real" server to download from, but, as it is, I downloaded via Bit Torrent, which gave me 240k/sec for the Psyche video, but only 60 or 70 for the others, which were huge in comparison. When I got up this morning I noticed I had gone through about 1.5Gb of uploading through bittorrent and thought that I would mirror them.

btw, if I don't get the new videos first, could someone e-mail me the link to them so I can mirror them ASAP? the e-mail is johan at third-core dot org(my spelling is a defense against spam bots)

Still uploading Strider..

Edit: in reply to the above comment, that is the original (pre)E3 2003 video, not the huge one, which, btw, we now have also.

jonnyapps said:
excellent = grabbed coastline vid. unfortunately it crashes at the bit before picking up rpg.

i also noticed. Just as buggy drives up the ramp and crashes into combine: In the sky (top left) there's a plume of smoke like a distant plane?? am i imagining this? Apologies if it's been mentioned b4
you may have grabbed it before I was finished uploading it. Most likely as I think the Bink videos are not like AVIs in the respect that they will play even if they are un-complete. Try again.

thanks nice site john

i never saw the strider and coastline video at 1024 before the previouse ones were alot smaller bink. Nice and fast.

this game looks amazing in motion even at the very low gfx settings in those 2 binks i just watched.

Johan_Tayn said:
I'ma gonna host those E3 videos from last year and this year for free. How about that?
Excellent idea! Thanks!

Subz, nice avatar :p

stop spreading your site !!!!! damn then i forgot so many come here . o well your site is as usefull as fileplanet now :(

*bump*

uploading the GS Doug Lombardi Interview now. Should take about 1-2hours.

Johan_Tayn said:
*bump*

uploading the GS Doug Lombardi Interview now. Should take about 1-2hours.

He is uploading it now. You will have to start all over.

Thanks Johan!

It'd be great if you could upload new videos as they appear!

jonnyapps said:

There's a thread on that in the speculation forum. No one knows for sure what it is though.

Risiko said:
Thanks Johan!

It'd be great if you could upload new videos as they appear!
send me the link if you see it first to johan at third-core dot org.

ALL HL2 Videos.

440 kb/sec thats a very nice speed, THNX! downloading the doug video from this year now.

33% and exactly 5 minutes to go

sorry if this has been answered, but what is hl2_douglombardi_e32004.zip?

It is an interview of Doug Lombardi by GameSpy done a few days ago. Very interesting and informative (but does contain some spoilers!)

EVIL said:
440 kb/sec thats a very nice speed, THNX! downloading the doug video from this year now.

33% and exactly 5 minutes to go
yer welcome! Glad to hear how fast we are. ;-)

Sorry about my sig, I'll change it.

Downloading at 375kbps
Great.
Not as good as File Planet, Which i get 3.5MBps, But No waiting 15 mins.
So thats a +
Thx.

AgentXen said:
Downloading at 375kbps
Great.
Not as good as File Planet, Which i get 3.5MBps, But No waiting 15 mins.
So thats a +
Thx.
yah, my first dedicated server probably isn't File Planet Grade^TM. :thumbs:

Johan_Tayn said:
yah, my first dedicated server probably isn't File Planet Grade^TM. :thumbs:

But is is a hell of a lot better than all the others.

this is awsome i'm downloading barricade at 250 and doug lombardi at 128, I LOVE THIS

Chris_D said:
We forgot to mention btw :)

All of the 1024x768 BINKs are on our videos page now at www.halflife2.net/videos.php

We should have told you, sorry!

BTW the description on the "Traptown" video looks alot like "Barricade" to me... ;)

The links doesn't work for me... :( Traptown is the last one I need!

Back