Title banner image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it look really...bare? It doesn't seem to look so bad on the forums for some reason (maybe it's because I'v gotten used to a big piece of nothingness sitting ontop of the forums), but on the main site, it just looks really empty. Like a big piece of space that needs filling up somehow. The rest of the site looks dandy, it's just the banner that stands out like a sore thumb.

So, is it just me? :| Is it possible it might be changing?

Big piece of nothingness? What res do you use? I like the banner, it's different from other sites, unlike the old one. It also scales in a nice way in smaller browser windows, although this scaling also means you get a lot of nothing on the resolutions above 1024x768.

theGreenBunny said:
Big piece of nothingness? What res do you use? I like the banner, it's different from other sites, unlike the old one. It also scales in a nice way in smaller browser windows, although this scaling also means you get a lot of nothing on the resolutions above 1024x768.

Usually I run at 1280x1024 ( :p ) But I checked it down 1024x768, and it still looks plain to me. :|

KagePrototype said:
Is it just me, or does it look really...bear?
I don't see any bears.

P.S. I think you meant "bare" :p

It's meant to be simplistic!

Munro said:
It's meant to be simplistic!

At least have something in-between Dog and the title, almost all of the banner is unused space. There's a difference between simplistic and and under-furnished. :p

KagePrototype said:
At least have something in-between Dog and the title, almost all of the banner is unused space. There's a difference between simplistic and and under-furnished. :p
This should be suitable for ya, Kage ;)

KagePrototype said:
I would have agreed with you the first time I saw it, but actually it will grow on you quicker than you think. There's no plans to change it at this time :)

Chris_D said:
I would have agreed with you the first time I saw it, but actually it will grow on you quicker than you think. There's no plans to change it at this time :)

That makes me a sad panda. :(

I'm with Kage on this one (infact I told Munro the same thing in IRC), but I don't think it'll be changed because its not unsightly.. it's just 'meh'.

Well, bland yes, but I'm happy with it not being another carbon copy of all those other banners out there. You know the type, the ones with nothing other than Gordon and Alyx in them. Over and over again.

I like the banner , as said it's a little different to most others, i spose we've seen it more than everyone else so gotten used to it quicker but I liked it straight off =)

i think having a manhack really close up so that most of it isnt on the banner would look cool between DOG and the strider...

Or perhaps just a little text, "The definitive source for Half-Life 2" like in the title bar of the browser.

I think it feels nicer this way. it doesn't feel overcrowded, sort of nice and spacious and not trying to do a media assault on your face everytime you look at it. simple = good.

title banner image sucks.. people who say it is good are just trying not to be rude

Big Fat Duck said:
title banner image sucks.. people who say it is good are just trying not to be rude
I actually like it, though, so please don't speak for me.

Although I'm confused - did you change it? I thought this was the same one we've had since the crappy ones...

Mine is the best, though ;)

The title banner matches the site theme very very well. Plus I like originality and the image's design. ;)
I see nothing needing improvement, which is my opinion.

Feedback is good of course.

How about putting in a faded City 17 in the background of the title banner? Just rubble and a broken City to help fill things up. It would have to be faint, as to not draw your attention past Dog and the others.

But I don't mind the banner. I think it's just 'cause the forums are the TAN colour now. It will look better once it gets changed.

hmm...

why not like this??
easy, simple,clean...

That adds a little more balance to it I suppose.
Good for the obssessive compulsives who can't cope without a bit of symmetry( whoever you may be....)

/points the finger... after pausing to smell it :naughty:

guys..... you're foprgetting the real reason....we're saving that space for annoying "hit bear to win $$$$" adds.

use your heads :p

Oooh, it all makes perfect sense now.

Garfield_ said:
Read about the Banner contest ?
Read the date of the thread that you found on page 17 of the forum?

Why on earth did you feel the need to post in it?

I think it goes without saying what I'll be doing in the next five seconds....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back