TLP: Shadows of Winter Media Update

Gothax?

Reaction score
As usual, the team developing the popular role playing game, TLP: Shadows of Winter, have released a timely yet worth-while update. In this update, the attention has been focused on the Medium Armour, displaying it in several different fashions. Along with the armour, the Pike and the Round Shield was unveiled as well.[br]

[br]For the full media release, and a further explanation about each individual weapon, head on over to TLP:Shadows of Winter's homepage.

hot damn this game is looking pretty... those models are awesome!

blandead41 said:
this mod is going to be amazing

no. killzone 2 is going to be AMAZING, half-life 2 was AMAZING, this is MAYBE going to be cool... maybe

Pff, Killzone 2, as it currently stands, is a prerendered video. Big deal.

This is much more impressive... can't wait for their maps to be released!

Yeah, I'm going to have to say Creep owned you on that one, Dodo. Anyone can make a game look great through prerendered video. * Developer wise for SixThree. :p

i know killzone 2 was prerenderd and it sucks... :'( maybe... maybe you owned me on this one... maybe

Dodo said:
no. killzone 2 is going to be AMAZING, half-life 2 was AMAZING, this is MAYBE going to be cool... maybe
mod made by amateurs for free >< game developed by professionals for $50

:)

Characters are looking much better, they actually look finished now with the new textures. Only thing that looks unfinished is the face, needs some more red in there.

Your modelers should really consider lowering the arms to a more relaxed 45 degree angle though, it will make your animators a lot happier.

Modeler... :p

Why would lowering the arms make any difference at all? They'd still have to rotate them up and down for different positions (wielding weapons/shields, idle, attacking, etc.).

(We don't have animators at the moment, that's one of the positions we need filled...)

The UVWs have been adjusted to compensate for any texture deformation/stretching associated with extreme positioning.

Why would lowering the arms make any difference at all? They'd still have to rotate them up and down for different positions (wielding weapons/shields, idle, attacking, etc.).

You would do that exactly the reason Resvrgam just said. Usually when the models are already made in the extreme positions the textures stretch a lot moving in the opposite direction. A more relaxed pose is more ideal to avoid that.

Also doesn't compensating for that in the UVW coords waste texture space? That seems like it would be counter productive.

Since I'm the one responsible for texturing those character models, I've become a Texture-Real Esate Nazi™ to squeeze as much detail as possible into these models all while conforming to the same established style seen in the concept images.

I can assure you we're using every possible pixel in those files to place detail in them. ;)

I have full faith in Sir Phoenixx's modeling skills and hopefully our work will speak for itself when primetime comes.

Thanks for the pointers though; this is one of the reasons we release media like this.

Good god, when this is released its gonna be great. Absolutley the best mod Ive seen yet! GREAT textures Resvrgam!

Resvrgam said:
Since I'm the one responsible for texturing those character models, I've become a Texture-Real Esate Nazi™ to squeeze as much detail as possible into these models all while conforming to the same established style seen in the concept images.

I can assure you we're using every possible pixel in those files to place detail in them. ;)

I have full faith in Sir Phoenixx's modeling skills and hopefully our work will speak for itself when primetime comes.

Thanks for the pointers though; this is one of the reasons we release media like this.

Press: "SHADOW OF WINTER STAFF MEMBER IDENTIFIES SELF AS NAZI PARTY MEMBER"

=P

dassbaba said:
Press: "SHADOW OF WINTER STAFF MEMBER IDENTIFIES SELF AS NAZI PARTY MEMBER"

=P

Well, now I can go run for California state Governor. ;)

Seig heil Walter :p.

Glad to hear there are other texture nazis out there Resvrgam :)

Back