To the makers of Half Life 2.

Baahahaha sorry its funny... man, go directly to the responsablea guys and order a new one!! (for free... i mean, you return yours)

Looks like you have Textures set to High. Set to Medium and it should go away :) Still, it is weird, you have a 256 MB card, High should be fine ? I have a GF 4 4200 128 MB, and got exactly the same result, I was informed that 128 MB cards sometime had this issue and setting to Medium fixed it..it worked for me..oh well :(

Your Video Card's RAM is ****ed up. The same thing happened to me when I had my old GeForce FX 5600... Games were shitting out more colors than I could count. I sold the card on eBay, and bought a Radeon 9800 Pro! Haha... hope the guy who bought my old one didn't intend to use it for gaming...

Anyway, I'd try returning the card to ATI if I were you. You shouldn't have to put up with that crap. By the way, don't get 256mb, its unnecessary, stick with 128mb (my old crappy card was 256mb as well).

Atemer said:
yes i know im pretty sure its a defective card however who do i return the card to for a refund?

If you did, infact, buy it from ATI then you can go and fill out a form on their website. They'll send you an address, a number, and some instructions on how to send it back for repair.

I'd look into other problems first, though.

my 9700P does that too. there is no way you can fix it. exchange the card as soon as possible. it will continue to get worse untill it breaks down completely.

To who ever wanted to know what theme im using its a Windows Blinds theme called TriaX.
To who ever said to push my card into my agp slot, i dont use agp im on pci express, but none the less ive pulled the card out ive put it in and ive made sure its in all the way. Ive done all the drivers crap and nothing has worked. But the good news is that i returned it and im getting a new one soon.
Thanks for the help guys

Oops! pci express,my bad! :eek:,hope your get your new card very soon. :cheese:

Sigh, in the one time i defend valve, it does look like your system at fault. i'm running on a G4 TI4200 and it's running flawless.

maybe someone should offer him advice to fix it instead of defending valve like little fan boys.

btw ive had problems with ati and hl2 aswell.
Its funny that the card was MADE FOR HALFLIFE 2. yet it runs all my other programs smooth yet HL2 craps out.

btw i have a powerfull machine and lots of ram.

I've had the problem in the past, and was instructed to leave some space between my graphics card and surrounding cards. Did that, gave it some room to breathe et voila.. problem solved :)

Heh, good luck with your new card though :p

Kakashi623 said:
Good luck with your video card pal
good luck with your new job as gabe newels personal fluffer over at valve!

Back