Top 5 SP Games?

A True Canadian said:
Games that are not First-Person Shooters:

1 - Deus Ex
Last time I checked, Deus Ex was a First-Person Shooter.

I debated whether or not to classify it as a First-Person Shooter or not. It's more of an RPG.

Vigilante said:
I must say--I never really like neverwinter...just the whole action sequence seemed stupid...itd been much better if the actino was like in diablo

1) Chrono Trigger
2) Mafia (everyone should play this game..the sequel will be awsome!)
3) Half Life
4) Halo
5) Grim Fandango

isn't there going to be a sequel?

too many games... can't....decide..

But here it goes

#1 Final Fantasy 7 (best game of all time)
#2 DOOM series
#3 Half-Life
#4 Max Payne 1 and 2
#5 Zelda Ocarina of Time

there are so many games that should have made the top 5: Mario 64, Golden Eye, Gabriel Knight 2 the Beast Within (when you play this game from a to z you realise that the story really rules!), Zelda a link to the past, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, Zelda the Wind Waker, Pokémon (the original red/blue/yellow), Metal Gear Solid, Starfox 64, Super Mario RPG etc...

bwelieve me, Mafia is the best SP game of all time. Play it. And bow to the Creators.

Well Mafia is a good game one of the best but if you want a really good game in my opinion is the best game ever made is Fallout 1 and Fallout 2.
Max Payne series kick ass too.

Final Fanatsy 3
System Shock 2
Legend of Zelda - The Adventures of Link (NES)
Breath of Fire 4
Xenogears

Sprafa said:
bwelieve me, Mafia is the best SP game of all time. Play it. And bow to the Creators.

Yea, i'm doubting if i should choose halflife or mafia as number one

---

Btw, is halo really THAT good..? I only played the demo..and thought it sucked ass..

Damn its too late to edit my post but I just thought of some other great games.
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Grim Fandango
Fallout 1+2

1. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
2. Fallout 2
3. Monkey Island 2
4. Half-Life
5. GTA 3

1. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
2. Deus Ex, Deus Ex:Invisable War
3. Half Life
4. Warcraft III
5. Trackmania

In no particular order...
Half-Life
GTA VC
GoldenEye
Falcon 4.0
Monkey Island

Others would be Serria games like Kings Quest series, Space Quest series, Sam+Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle, and Full Throttle.
Tie Fighter, SW Rebel Assault 2, WC2, AOE2, Red Alert...I'm done.

Asus said:
In no particular order...
Half-Life
GTA VC
GoldenEye
Falcon 4.0
Monkey Island

Others would be Serria games like Kings Quest series, Space Quest series, Sam+Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle, and Full Throttle.
Tie Fighter, SW Rebel Assault 2, WC2, AOE2, Red Alert...I'm done.

Sierra and Lucasarts used to make such superior adventure games and stuff before.. What have happened?

1. Mario 64
2. Splinter Cell
3. Call of Duty
4. Grand Theft Auto Vice City
5. Knights of the Old Repulic

CrazyHarij said:
Sierra and Lucasarts used to make such superior adventure games and stuff before.. What have happened?
LucasArts partnered up with Raven...:|
Jedi Outcast wasn't the bad, but Jedi Academy pissed me off the most!
And both games had a poor combat system. I've been bitching about for a long time. Again, they should learn a thing or two from Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

CrazyHarij said:

No, its not that they partnered with Raven. Raven just does the Jedi games, which were never adventures in the first place.

Its that IMO adventure game just don't translate that well into 3D, and 2D games just don't sell these days. Sure, some adventure games work in 3D (Grim Fandango) but I never even finished that because I didn't really like the perspective. I just missed the 2D too much.

This is the same reason I believe they should do another 2D Castlevania on the PS2, I think the series just works better from that perspective.

Tredoslop said:
LucasArts partnered up with Raven...:|
Jedi Outcast wasn't the bad, but Jedi Academy pissed me off the most!
And both games had a poor combat system. I've been bitching about for a long time. Again, they should learn a thing or two from Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

Prince Of Persia is WAY too overrated. Rented that game, got 70% through and realised...wait a second....i've just been doing jumping puzzles and chopping enemies up for the entire game.....this SUCKS.

Outcast rocks compared to Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

I forgot one game and that game is Starcraft.

I like this thread. It has me looking forward to playing some excellent games that I haven't played yet.
My list:
1) Half-Life
2) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3) GoldenEye 007
4) No One Lives Forever 2
5) StarCraft & Brood War
Games that were edged out: Resident Evil 1 & 2, Halo, Max Payne series, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, WarCraft III, Call of Duty, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, Diablo 2, Super Mario Bros. 3.

1. Half-Life
2. Clive Barker's Undying
3. Return to Castle Wolfenstein
4. Alien Vs Predator 2
5. Max Payne/Max payne 2 (they share no. 5, because they are too damn short to have individual slots)

1.Metal Gear Solid 2
2.Metal Gear Solid
3.No One Lives Forever
4.Half-Life
5.GTA3/VC

1. Half Life
2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Diablo
4. Zelda: A Link to the Past
5. Command & Conquer: Red Alert

1. Super Mario 64/Zelda 3/Zelda 64
2. No One Lives Forever/Aliens vs Predator 2
3. Golden Eye
4. Half-Life + Opposing Force + Blue Shift
5. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault / Spearhead
I know it is only top five but I just have to say:
6. ONI

EDIT: Ok, that was more like 12 games rather than 5, but meh. :rolling:

In no particular order

Super Mario 64 (I still have fun playing it)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (Amazing story, great gameplay, fun to play with cloak :) )
Final Fantasy VII (So many cool characters and great story. Square should go back to the materia system again)
Chrono Trigger (Still haven't seen all the endings. Great RPG)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (Hilarious and fun game)

EDIT: I just realized they're all console games (originally).

1. Half-Life
2. GTA 3 and Vice City
3. Max Payne 2 (it was so emotional!)
4. The Monkey Island series
5. Jedi Knight II

1) Knights of the Old Republic
2) Splinter Cell games
3) Diablo games
4) Starcraft games
5) Monkey Island games

To tell you the truth, I never really liked Half-Life's story as much as those five. It doesn't make you want to keep playing. Most of it is told at the beginning.

Bio said:
Well Mafia is a good game one of the best but if you want a really good game in my opinion is the best game ever made is Fallout 1 and Fallout 2.
Max Payne series kick ass too.
can you say 'run on'

Letters said:
Baldur's Gate II
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Secret of Mana
Sim City 2000
Super Mario World

(I like zelda:wind waker)
I think you forgot half-life as your #1 choice, but thats ok we all make mistakes.

Half life
Deus Ex
KOTOR
Call of Duty
Red Alert

Back