Training?

Frizz

Reaction score
what form do u believe the "Training" at the start of hl2 will take?

i.e.

HL was your first day at BM and u where learning about the suit its uses.
OP was your time at boot camp.
BS was just some time on the fire-ing range.

so what form could hl2 take.... maybe g-man has u jumping through hoops :)

There won't be a training, because that would completely take away from the fact that you've been in a coma for many years... Unless the training takes place after you wake up. I doubt that will be the case, I don't think gordon will have time to train.

There WILL be training. Its not there to add realism to the game, its there so newbies can learn how to play.

I cant even imagine them leaving it out.

drools at the thought of training...
drools...
oh shit
droools
i cant stop
drooooooool

They better, because if someone hasn't played though the original Halflife then they don't deserve to play HL2. :devil:

Originally posted by TheOriginalEvil
There won't be a training, because that would completely take away from the fact that you've been in a coma for many years... Unless the training takes place after you wake up. I doubt that will be the case, I don't think gordon will have time to train.

Erm. What?

EDIT: Coma? Where did you get that from.

The point of training is not to add to the story (although if it fits into the story it's a bonus). The point of training is to teach people how to play the game.

And people jump up from a coma in the same condition as a elite soldier? They if anyone NEED to train, because of muscle deterioration :p

At anyrate, said it before: IF (and only IF) City 17 is Gordons "first" destination (Gabe has stated its set across the world, not just City 17) in the game, the ship there is an excellent excuse to train. There are lots of stuff to do on a ship.

They better, because if someone hasn't played though the original Halflife then they don't deserve to play HL2. :devil:

:LOL: :cheers:

i want to do the training so i can walk around thinking about how good it looks without getting my head going missing :)

There was a thread about this before... I had guessed that it might be the G-Man running you through a warm up after cryogenic defrosting. It could be at some sterile government/science lab that could be practically anywhere.

Area 51 would be an interesting place for some jumping through hoops...;)

Coma? Cryogenic Defrosting?

Have I missed something?

Training might come in stages maybe? I mean you might have to learn to drive somewhere different later on in the game than where you learned to jump and shoot.

I don't know if it's correct or not but I read somewhere that Eli Vance teaches you the basics.

I can believe that; it will probably be a "oh Gordon don't tell me you've forgotten how to use the pistol" affair - "follow me to the firing range"

Or perhaps one of those "learn as you play" scenarios? Many games seem to do that, so while it's not formal training, it's almost the same thing.

I still think it's time travel. Yanno, Gordon waking up 5 years after the events at BMRF and finding himself at the G-Man's instruction with no memory af anything since the conversation with the G-man at the end of HL1 and not knowing even where you are.You gotta think of how Marc Laidlaw would write the into to HL2. Time Travel could make sense. The end of HL2 ended in complete darkness. It could be feasible that the G-Man had modified a teleporter to send stuff through time AND space instead of just space. A reason for Gordon's lack of memory of the past 5 years could be that he just never experienced it. If you think about it, IF you travel 10 years into the future, would you have any memory of what happened between the time you started and the time you ended in? No. Why? Because you werent there to experience them.

that's all I have for now. It's early morning and I might be rambling a bit, I just need some coffee to wake me up....

EDIT: damn, now that I look at what I wrote, It's waaaay off topic. My bad.

Originally posted by Owskie
drools at the thought of training...
drools...
oh shit
droools
i cant stop
drooooooool

LMAO!
I tool Belive that traininf will be there.
Its just going to be a sort of entretaining expiriance.
youl'l see..

I bet you wake up and get a refresh of your hl1 training. You will be told what happened during your coma period. After that you get your first mission briefing.

I think there iwll be some form of training. Maybe shooting some bottles off a fence or something. After all from what I've seen the world seems to have gone too sh!t since the end of HL1. No fance holographic trainers this time methinks.

I just had an idea, image you've just installed the game, and it's loading up...

no menu appears, but you are suddenly standing in front of the G-Man, just like the end of h-l1, on the train. The graphics are exactly the same as H-L1's too.

you walk through the portal, hear the G-Man etc, and you are in that black void, then H-L2 begins!

Originally posted by UDHA
I just had an idea, image you've just installed the game, and it's loading up...

no menu appears, but you are suddenly standing in front of the G-Man, just like the end of h-l1, on the train. The graphics are exactly the same as H-L1's too.

you walk through the portal, hear the G-Man etc, and you are in that black void, then H-L2 begins!

i swear to go i was pondering the same thought...

there must be a link for those who havent played the first game(s)

what i dont get, HL1s ending was somewhat like Dooms (doom 2), after the last boss, they teleport you onto a room full of monsters and codes there dont work. Eventually you die because there are too many. I wonder if HL2 will show how gordon either a) defeated the monsters, or b) escaped, that would be really cool if they made that little bit explaining this in HL1 graphics, and then went and blended into HL2 graphics.

no |\/|oDdiC(_)$, you got the CHOICE to go in the portal to a fight you can't win (G-Mans words) or join his company. HL2 assumes you joined G-Man and did not refuse his offer. So G-Man is a co-worker for you in HL2.

Last time I checked HL1's ending had you choose whether to fight the monsters or join the Gman. You weren't forced to fight the monsters or anything.

yeah, I was assuming you accepted his offer

Originally posted by FriScho
no |\/|oDdiC(_)$, you got the CHOICE to go in the portal to a fight you can't win (G-Mans words) or join his company. HL2 assumes you joined G-Man and did not refuse his offer. So G-Man is a co-worker for you in HL2.

i picked both :)

G-Man: I made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

*Gordon rolls his eyes at G-Man*
:cool:

wait, so the seriously creepy, deceiving, and evil looking G-Man will be your friend in this game? lol i dont freaking think so, it might be that way in the beggining, but im sure he'll betray you..

In Gunman chronicles The first part of the game where learn as u play wich where a nice thought but the downside was u couldnt skip past it. But I wont be upset if theres no training I would like it -but I dont NEED it to be happy. :)

training... hmm i think it will be some kind of test all the cool physics area with lots of guns. wish they would release somethign like that as a demo.

Originally posted by droper
training... hmm i think it will be some kind of test all the cool physics area with lots of guns. wish they would release somethign like that as a demo.

Usually no. Usually they show you 1 weapon of each kind and let you discover the rest through the game (this is my favourite way).

Originally posted by |\/|oDdiC(_)$
you know it :)

I think u will find it sounds better if u say ....

You Knows IT :p

dave.jpg

Back