Training?

training is to get u used to the controls and all that stuff.

but in hl it is different, because it is like with the story i suppose. so i don't know what they have done. wierd but i love the tutorials in all games. they are so cool. like SOF where you gotta shoot the crimernals made of wood! LOVE IT!

it'll probably start out with a couple of things you have to get over, under etc. so you can meat Barney or whoever...

It probably will be a training thinge. At least i hope. I wonder if that hologram will be back. :)

Originally posted by Organizer
*homer drool*

mmm... ahhhh!!!!

I WANT HALF-LIFE 2 NOW!

gimme.

what are you insinuating? jagoff

tutorials are some of the funnest part of games for me.

i love trainging missions just feels so good especially in the jedi knight series :D

There wont be one. You already learned whats needed in HL1, HL1 was your training.

Originally posted by exoeight
There wont be one. You already learned whats needed in HL1, HL1 was your training.

What about all of the people that didn't play HL 1? :dozey:

I don't think those people exist.
I mean...how could God let that happen?

in trap town alot of ppl said that barney set up the traps!? well this is wrong. i watched the 600mb movie clip and a person from valve who was talking while it was playing said, some mans name who is a MONK! LOL

Originally posted by commando
in trap town alot of ppl said that barney set up the traps!? well this is wrong. i watched the 600mb movie clip and a person from valve who was talking while it was playing said, some mans name who is a MONK! LOL

Yea, father gregory.

Originally posted by Direwolf
I don't think those people exist.
I mean...how could God let that happen?

There must be a few people that will play HL2 that hasnt played HL1. :)

trust me there will be plenty i will be pushing it to everyone who looks at the pc bay at work !!

"Well done, Mr. Freeman. I'll see you up ahead."

Draw your own conclusions.

Eli Vance is the trainer to what i think ive serched in many websites and ive come to the conclusion that there IS a traning and it problably will start with the game and not seperate... besides Eli realy cand do anything combatic with 1 leg.... so hes the tuturial guy

Originally posted by DaLys
Yea, father gregory.

There must be a few people that will play HL2 that hasnt played HL1. :)

Is it father Gregory or Gregori?? After all this is Europe.... I always imagined that it was Gregori said with a Russian accent...

Originally posted by Anthraxxx
Is it father Gregory or Gregori?? After all this is Europe.... I always imagined that it was Gregori said with a Russian accent...

No way to really know, since the quote is from audio, not text.

it's probably gregori..since he didn't pronounce it gregor-e

he said gra-gore-e

I seem to remember a while back there was a valve employee interview or something and he said something like "unlike HL1 you will be dumped right in the middle of the action" or something... I guess they could still fit training into that somehow..

omg training for what? people who are going to buy the game will know how to walk, jump, and jump duck. HL! did a verynice job of explaining everything at the beginning of thge game, with the HEV suit and everything not being thrown in front of you, but as part of the story

Hi, here's the deal.
There WILL be some sort of training. Games are no longer made without training, it's just the way it is these days. As much as i agree that there shouldn't be one because, like many people have already stated, if you haven't played HL1 you don't deserve to HL2 because your obviously a moron. No offense dad.
On that note, i wouldn't want to see a training option in the menu, as in HL1, i think it should be a 'train as you play type training' (ala Deus Ex 2, Rune, and i think Max Payne) training should have something to do with the storyline, especially in a sequal.
Someone commented at the start of this thread that the trainging in HL1 was Gordon's first day at Black Mesa. I doubt that is true since everyone knew him and he was going into the test chamber so utimately destroy the complex, i think that job would have gone to someone a bit more experienced.
HL1's training was seperate from the storyline, because no one knew what was coming, but this time training has to take on another form to keep the 2 games in sync with one another.
WOW i can't believe im so passionate about the training, what about the 10 missions after that!

so many people with so much time on their hands :rolleyes:. I suspect it'll be integrated into the game like most games do these days.

I hope the training level will be completly seperate from the actual game like HL1 had. It was fun to play through and it gave you time to get adjusted to the game without forcing the game upon you. I suppose an ingame tutorial wouldn't be so bad either, but it just wouldn't feel 'Half-Life ish' ingame. I vote to keep the HL2 hazard course seperate from the actual game.

It's obvious that the G-Man has time travel warping of some kind. We saw this on the space tram with him. In no way did the military take over Xen in 20 seconds ;p.

I don't know about you guys, but I really look forward to training in games. HL's hazard course, SOF2's training, Hitman1's training, etc. Someg games have better training than others. Hopefully HL-2 will be more of a field training than HL1's hazard course.

wow

Originally posted by UDHA
I just had an idea, image you've just installed the game, and it's loading up...

no menu appears, but you are suddenly standing in front of the G-Man, just like the end of h-l1, on the train. The graphics are exactly the same as H-L1's too.

you walk through the portal, hear the G-Man etc, and you are in that black void, then H-L2 begins!

Thats what i thought too!!!
soon as u step in... u wake up somewhere and the graphics are then HL2 style!!
:afro:

Back